Inter Milan release statement announcing that they have updated the club crest [Picture]
- July 7, 2014
Inter Milan have updated their club crest, the club announced through a statement on their Twitter page and official website. The above picture shows the two crests, before and after, as well as a statement, courtesy of the Bleacher Report.
The adjustments are only slight but still significant for a club with as illustrious a history as Inter Milan.
Treble winners as recently as 2010, Inter haven’t had the same degree of success since Jose Mourinho departed for Real Madrid but with new signings like Nemanja Vidic, the club hope that they’ll rediscover their winning habit again.
In an official club statement, Inter wrote about the changes to the crest.
“Here are details of the new features:
– The logo has been redesigned and is still inspired by the 1908 logo which has come back into use over the last few years.
– The crest has been modernised from every perspective: the lines have been simplified, there are fewer circles now surrounding it and the dimensions have been balanced for enhanced recognition.
– The star has gone back to representing the number of league titles won and is only mandatory on the shirt.
– The gate-like font bearing the team’s name has been removed.
– Over 1,000 products have gone to market with a new packaging devised for all types of product. One voice for a special team. And from today, even better than ever.”
— F.C. Internazionale (@Inter) July 7, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Mino Raiola offers Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli to Man United [Gazzetta]August 24, 2016
- Newcastle’s Moussa Sissoko agrees terms with Inter Milan [France Football]August 21, 2016
- Note for Arsenal & Chelsea fans. Mauro Icardi finally signs a contract [Instagram]August 21, 2016
- Napoli make a €70 million bid for Inter’s Mauro Icardi [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 11, 2016