- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Inter president Thohir denies transfer rumours to Man United’s Chicharito & Chelsea’s Fernando Torres
The Daily Star ran a report over the weekend claiming Inter Milan were readying a move for Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez.
According to the Daily Star, discussions between Inter owner Erick Thohir and Man United officials had already go underway over the transfer of Chicharito this summer.
If the story was accurate then Chicharito would follow Nemanja Vidic from Old Trafford to the San Siro. However it’s not.
The Inter president has spoken to the media on Monday and categorically ruled out any moves, so far, for Chicharito and also Chelsea’s Fernando Torres.
At the end of the season we will evaluate everything, both the young players and the more experienced ones. We want to build a strong squad for the future with a view not just to next season but to the next three.
I think he (Chicharito) is a good player. But we haven’t spoken to either him or Fernando Torres.
- Updated: March 10, 2014