Inter Milan eye a Man City striker after closing in on Cardiff’s Gary Medel [Gazzetta dello Sport]
- July 9, 2014
For the second day running Gazzetta dello Sport are reporting that Inter Milan are looking at the Premier League for new recruits.
On Tuesday the Italian pink paper claimed that the Nerazzurri were moving in on the loan capture of Cardiff’s Gary Medel, with the Chilean arriving at the San Siro with a view to a permanent 10 million euro transfer.
Interesting, on the Medel move, Chilean newspaper La Tercera say that Cardiff are not only looking to get $13.6 million for the player, whilst Inter will need to fork out 1.8 million euros a year in salary to the Pitbull.
After seeming to have boosted their midfield, Inter’s next port of call is to add firepower up-front, say Gazzetta, and Walter Mazzarri’s favoured signing is now named as Man City’s Stevan Jovetic.
GdS note that the transfer was first raised to Man City over a month ago, and the Citizens “have not closed the door” on the transfer potentially happening.
Gazzetta predict that Inter will push hard for the Jovetic deal in August, but they are unwilling to commit themselves to knowing how Man City will ultimately react to their approach.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]