Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Diego Forlan reveals Roy Keane’s unflattering description for ChelseaOctober 21, 2016
- Chelsea wonderkid Tammy Abraham on how John Terry’s messages give him confidenceOctober 21, 2016
- Joker: David Luiz trolls a young Chelsea fan (Video)October 21, 2016
- David Luiz is looking forward to Chelsea v Manchester United (video)October 21, 2016
- Atletico’s Fernando Torres was livid with Diego Godin for denying him a hat-trick v SportingSeptember 19, 2016
- Nemanja Vidic names toughest opponents and explains why Fernando Torres weakness is a mythSeptember 17, 2016
- Fernando Torres claims Liverpool betrayed him during £50m transfer to ChelseaAugust 16, 2016
- Video of Man United-bound Eric Bailly being destroyed by Fernando Torres goes viralJune 5, 2016