Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
- Chelsea old boy Didier Drogba picks Arsenal to win the league, praises Jamie Vardy (Sky Sports Au...
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Incredible Champions League statistic about Chelsea free-kick specialist Willian
- Jose Mourinho on needing a calculator & fighting with Diego Costa (Video)
- Fernando Torres on winning Atletico Madrid’s POTM award for September (Video)
- Fernando Torres bags a goal & assist as Atletico Madrid win 2-0 at Eibar (official highlights)
- Torres looks like who? 18 Footballers who look like Movie Stars (Video)
- Shanghai SIPG 0 – Atletico Madrid 3: Antoine Griezmann (2) and Fernando Torres score (Video)