Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
- April 2, 2014
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...