- DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders) talks about his upcoming move to Spurs [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers potential sacking “not even a talking point” for Liverpool owners [BBC]
- Amazing spinning backheel golazo by Algerian U12 player v South Africa [GIF]
- Double panna! Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi nutmegged 2 players with 1 pass [Official Video]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard & Martin Skrtel won 0% of their tackles in 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace
Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
- Updated: April 2, 2014