Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek & Lewis Baker star as England U-21s win Toulon Tournament...May 29th, 2016
- Radja Nainggolan rejects Chelsea, open to Man United move [GDS]May 29th, 2016
- Chelsea star Eden Hazard can’t wait to play Mourinho’s Man United [SSN]May 28th, 2016
- Thibaut Courtois puts an end to Real Madrid rumours, insists he’s staying at Chelsea (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Fernando Torres on his Atletico Madrid return and the Champions League final (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- ‘I felt lost’ : Atletico Madrid’s Fernando Torres reflects on his dark days at ...May 23rd, 2016
- Atletico’s Fernando Torres matches a scoring milestone last achieved at Liverpool [Video ...May 8th, 2016