Inter Milan closing in on loan move for Fernando Torres, need Chelsea help to pay €5m salary
- April 2, 2014
The reliable Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has an update on the future of Fernando Torres, and to no one’s surprise it looks certain that El Nino will be leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.
Having already acquired Nemanja Vidic for next season, Inter Milan are looking to acquire another Premier League star in Fernando Torres.
The Chelsea striker has scored just four goals in 23 appearances this season and Jose Mourinho looks set to reshape his whole strike force in the summer.
Inter Milan are reportedly keen to take Torres on loan for the 2014/2015 season but will need Chelsea to pay some of the Spanish striker’s wages.
According to Di Marzio, Torres earns five million euros net per season and this fee is a bit too large for a Serie A side that won’t be participating in the Champions League next season.
Inter have asked Chelsea if they can fund some of Torres’ wages and this looks likely to be one of the transfer stories of the summer.
- Listen to Jose Mourinho’s 15 minute Talksport interview. Talks Chelsea’s ti...
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho admits he’s concerned about Diego Costa’s fitnes...
- Arsenal fans troll Chelsea with their brand new Petr Cech song (Videos)
- Augsberg defender Abdul Rahman Baba agrees personal terms With Chelsea [Bild]
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Bemused Chelsea fans react to reports of potential £15m bid for Tottenham’s Danny...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi