- Newcastle v Everton [Team Sheets]
- Man United’s Juan Mata: “White Hart Lane is always a difficult stadium”
- Cesc Fabregas booked for diving v Southampton, should have been a penalty
- Man United’s Louis van Gaal on second-half vs. Spurs: “It was a struggle for life” [Graphic]
- Mauricio Pochettino “very pleased” with Spurs draw v Man United
Inter Milan and Cardiff come to agreement for the transfer of Gary Medel [Di Marzio]
Inter Milan have reached an agreement with Cardiff City to bring Gary Medel to Italy, according to Di Marzio.
The Pitbull was a coup for Cardiff last summer as the side strengthened for their first season in the Premier League, one which would end in failure but wouldn’t tarnish Medel’s reputation too badly.
Either way, Medel was magnificent for Chile at the World Cup and his performances caught the attention of a lot of clubs. His heroic display against Brazil in the second round was inspiring.
Apparently a fee of €7 million is agreed between the two clubs plus add-ons. This was a compromise and now they are negotiating over when the fee will be paid with Cardiff wanting it in one installment now.
- Updated: July 23, 2014