Insane Picture! Burnley mascot Bertie Bee snapped in a cell after he was sent off for handing the lino glasses
Love Burnley mascot Bertie Bee – once rugby tackled a pitch invader + today sent off for giving glasses to linesman. Team game #UTC
— Alastair Campbell (@campbellclaret) October 26, 2013
An insane event took place at Turf Moore on Saturday as Burnley mascot Bertie Bee was sent off, and then locked up, after he got too involved against QPR.
Bertie Bee was sent off by referee Simon Hooper after he comically handed the linesman his oversized glasses following a dodgy decision.
Rather than see the funny side, the officials took the strange step off sending the mascot back to the changing rooms where a picture was later leaked out of the mascot sitting in a locked up cell.
The image of Bertie Bee locked up is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Burnley boss Sean Dyche defends apologetic Andre Gray over homophobic tweets (Video)August 23, 2016
- FA charge Burnley star Andre Gray with misconduct for homophobic tweets from 2012August 23, 2016
- Burnley striker Andre Gray asks for forgiveness & apologises for TweetsAugust 20, 2016
- Burnley v Liverpool: Premier League preview, line-ups and predictionsAugust 18, 2016
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [Pics & Vine]April 20, 2015
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]April 20, 2015
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]October 29, 2014
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training [Best tweets]September 23, 2014