- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Injured Ajax fan remains in serious condition as video emerges of the aftermath
The latest news about the Ajax fan that fell 10 metres after their second goal against Barcelona, via the Dutch press, is that he remains in hospital in a serious condition.
For our first post on this story, see: Awful. Ajax fan suffers serious fall celebrating 2nd goal v Barcelona.
After landing in the “moat” around the pitch at the Amsterdam ArenA, the Ajax supporter was almost immediately treated by medics and taken by an ambulance to hospital.
Despite rumours on social media, a spokesman from Amsterdam police announced the man is still alive and his situation is unchanged as of Wednesday morning.
A video has also emerged of the aftermath of the incident on YouTube.
There is stunned silence in the crowd, despite Ajax just having scored a second goal versus Barcelona and the medics also receive abuse from the supporters (in Dutch).
Warning: There are some very grim shots on this video and it is a very graphic clip.
As a result, it is not embedded on 101 Great Goals and it would be a surprise if it stays up on YouTube for very long.
- Updated: November 27, 2013