- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
- Neymar feels like he’s in the best form of his Barcelona career [Video]
- Better than Beckham-Scholes! Víctor Curto Ortiz wondervolley (AS Eupen) v Racing Mechelen [Video]
Initial reports: Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil only suffered a bruised knee v Sweden [Bild]
There were gasps throughout the red side of north London and from Gooners across the globe when news filtered through that Mesut Ozil (on his 25th birthday) had gone off injured towards the end of Germany’s 5-3 win over Sweden.
Arsenal’s record signing had played a key part in Germany’s comeback from 2-0 down, scoring their opener and then setting up the second for Mario Gotze.
However, with eight minutes remaining, the Arsenal playmaker lowered himself to the ground and then gingerly walked off the pitch straight down the tunnel and into the changing room for treatment.
Many Arsenal fans began fearing for the worst – with another international fixture potentially damaging their hopes of silverware this season.
However, initial reports from Germany, including the respected Bild newspaper, suggest Ozil has simply suffered a bruised right knee.
With Santi Cazorla returning for the match with Norwich on Saturday, Arsene Wenger has plenty of options but will want Ozil back for the visit of Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday.
Mesut Ozil’s goal v Sweden is on the video below.
- Updated: October 15, 2013