Initial reports: Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil only suffered a bruised knee v Sweden [Bild]
- October 15, 2013
There were gasps throughout the red side of north London and from Gooners across the globe when news filtered through that Mesut Ozil (on his 25th birthday) had gone off injured towards the end of Germany’s 5-3 win over Sweden.
Arsenal’s record signing had played a key part in Germany’s comeback from 2-0 down, scoring their opener and then setting up the second for Mario Gotze.
However, with eight minutes remaining, the Arsenal playmaker lowered himself to the ground and then gingerly walked off the pitch straight down the tunnel and into the changing room for treatment.
Many Arsenal fans began fearing for the worst – with another international fixture potentially damaging their hopes of silverware this season.
However, initial reports from Germany, including the respected Bild newspaper, suggest Ozil has simply suffered a bruised right knee.
With Santi Cazorla returning for the match with Norwich on Saturday, Arsene Wenger has plenty of options but will want Ozil back for the visit of Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday.
Mesut Ozil’s goal v Sweden is on the video below.
- Nacho Monreal wears his shorts back to front at Arsenal Members Day , Cazorla loves it ...
- Judas: Spurs fan responds to Sol Campbell’s quote that Arsenal were better in eve...
- Come And Get Me, Arsene: Karim Benzema starts following Wengerland on Instagram
- Mesut Özil compares Cristiano Ronaldo with Arsenal’s star man – in English ...
- Fernando Llorente’s agent meets Arsenal officials to discuss potential £8.5m tran...
- Huge Community Shield Odds: 7/1 Chelsea, 9/1 Arsenal to win!!!
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi