Initial reports: Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil only suffered a bruised knee v Sweden [Bild]
- October 15, 2013
There were gasps throughout the red side of north London and from Gooners across the globe when news filtered through that Mesut Ozil (on his 25th birthday) had gone off injured towards the end of Germany’s 5-3 win over Sweden.
Arsenal’s record signing had played a key part in Germany’s comeback from 2-0 down, scoring their opener and then setting up the second for Mario Gotze.
However, with eight minutes remaining, the Arsenal playmaker lowered himself to the ground and then gingerly walked off the pitch straight down the tunnel and into the changing room for treatment.
Many Arsenal fans began fearing for the worst – with another international fixture potentially damaging their hopes of silverware this season.
However, initial reports from Germany, including the respected Bild newspaper, suggest Ozil has simply suffered a bruised right knee.
With Santi Cazorla returning for the match with Norwich on Saturday, Arsene Wenger has plenty of options but will want Ozil back for the visit of Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday.
Mesut Ozil’s goal v Sweden is on the video below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...