Infographic showing Man City’s Yaya Toure may have been hard done by in Player of the Year Awards
Yaya Toure recently claimed that if he wasn’t African, he’d be more regularly hailed as one of the world’s best, if not the best.
Despite his incredible season for Man City, the Ivorian Choo-Choo Train only came third in the PFA Awards, behind Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard.
Voted for by Premier League peers as they are, the PFAs are a lot more about perception than stats; were you to focus on the stats as in the infographic below, Toure would surely have won the thing outright.
– 19 goals from midield
– And highest pass completion in the league.
6/6 penalties scored
Frank Lampard, Xavi and…Ricky Lambert all rolled into one.
Watch Live Stream
- Arsenal & Liverpool stars joined by Paul Pogba & Sergio Aguero in the BBC XI of the weekSeptember 26, 2016
- Manchester City loanee Bersant Celina scores again for FC Twente (video)September 25, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is changing English football at Man City (Sky Video)September 25, 2016
- The early timetable for Kevin De Bruyne’s Man City comeback is good news for SpursSeptember 25, 2016
- Listen to the complete, crazy rant from Yaya Toure’s agent towards Pep Guardiola (BBC Audio)September 25, 2016
- Dimitri Seluk at it again, says Pep Guardiola treats players like dogs [Tweet]September 23, 2016
- Yaya Toure is allowed to leave Man City for one of their title rivals in January [Guardian]September 21, 2016
- ‘Money-hungry’ Pep Guardiola told Yaya Toure he was leaving Barcelona for a ‘sh*t team’ in 2010September 21, 2016