- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Infographic showing Man City’s Yaya Toure may have been hard done by in Player of the Year Awards
- May 3, 2014
Yaya Toure recently claimed that if he wasn’t African, he’d be more regularly hailed as one of the world’s best, if not the best.
Despite his incredible season for Man City, the Ivorian Choo-Choo Train only came third in the PFA Awards, behind Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard.
Voted for by Premier League peers as they are, the PFAs are a lot more about perception than stats; were you to focus on the stats as in the infographic below, Toure would surely have won the thing outright.
– 19 goals from midield
– And highest pass completion in the league.
6/6 penalties scored
Frank Lampard, Xavi and…Ricky Lambert all rolled into one.