Infographic showing Man City’s Yaya Toure may have been hard done by in Player of the Year Awards
Yaya Toure recently claimed that if he wasn’t African, he’d be more regularly hailed as one of the world’s best, if not the best.
Despite his incredible season for Man City, the Ivorian Choo-Choo Train only came third in the PFA Awards, behind Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard.
Voted for by Premier League peers as they are, the PFAs are a lot more about perception than stats; were you to focus on the stats as in the infographic below, Toure would surely have won the thing outright.
– 19 goals from midield
– And highest pass completion in the league.
6/6 penalties scored
Frank Lampard, Xavi and…Ricky Lambert all rolled into one.
Watch Live Stream
- Ex-Bayern defender Dante: Guardiola is a great coach but less brilliant as a human being [Quotes]August 31, 2016
- AS Monaco reject €40 million Manchester City offer for 17-year-old Kylian Mbappe [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Watch Joe Hart’s first Torino interview after joining from Man City (Video)August 31, 2016
- Doing a Man United? Pep Guardiola made a €40m bid for a Monaco teenager [L’Equipe]August 31, 2016
- Farewell: Pep Guardiola comments on Joe Hart and Yaya Toure’s futures at Man CityAugust 19, 2016
- How Man City’s Yaya Toure is turning into Chelsea’s Winston BogardeAugust 16, 2016
- Pep Guardiola is giving Yaya Toure the Bastian Schweinsteiger treatment at Man CityAugust 15, 2016
- Pep drops Hart, Yaya Toure cut from squad: Manchester City v Sunderland [Team Sheets]August 13, 2016