Infographic showing Man City’s Yaya Toure may have been hard done by in Player of the Year Awards
- May 3, 2014
Yaya Toure recently claimed that if he wasn’t African, he’d be more regularly hailed as one of the world’s best, if not the best.
Despite his incredible season for Man City, the Ivorian Choo-Choo Train only came third in the PFA Awards, behind Luis Suarez and Eden Hazard.
Voted for by Premier League peers as they are, the PFAs are a lot more about perception than stats; were you to focus on the stats as in the infographic below, Toure would surely have won the thing outright.
– 19 goals from midield
– And highest pass completion in the league.
6/6 penalties scored
Frank Lampard, Xavi and…Ricky Lambert all rolled into one.
- Man City offer Bayer Leverkusen €35m for winger Karim Bellarabi [Hamburger Morgenpost]
- Man United’s Rafael da Silva snapped wearing a shirt with a Man City looking badg...
- Man City captain Vincent Kompany is back in training, practising overhead kicks [video]
- Rio Ferdinand brushes off claims Sergio Ramos would pick Man City over Man United [Video]
- Sport detail the Chelsea & Man City offers for Paul Pogba
- John Guidetti gave a crazy interview after Sweden U21s smashed Denmark [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi