- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
Individual Highlights: Super Mario Balotelli’s brilliant 2-goal AC Milan debut v Udinese
- February 4, 2013
“I was supposed to be on the bench, but then Pazzo hurt himself so I played instead. I’m happy it turned out like that, as I put in a good performance. We are strong in attack, even if I haven’t played much and feel my legs are heavy. I must work to improve my fitness levels. It is a good start, but now I must continue scoring goals. We created a great deal this evening, but Daniele Padelli performed some good saves. We deserved to win and in the end we did it.” – Mario Balotelli.
It was the perfect debut for Super Mario on Sunday night as the former Manchester City striker stole the headlines of the Serie A weekend.
After missing an early chance to open his account for the Rossoneri, Balotelli bagged the opener on 25 from a left wing cross before playing a part in AC Milan’s best first half performance of the campaign.
The second period was a bit tougher for Balotelli and his AC Milan colleagues as Udinese equalised and it wasn’t until a more than dubious late penalty decision allowed the night to end in triumph.
And of course, Super Mario just doesn’t miss penalties!
Balotelli’s individual show reel against Udinese is on the video below.