Individual Highlights: Suarez, Coutinho & Sturridge in Liverpool’s rout of Swansea
- February 18, 2013
Liverpool’s 5-0 demolition of Swansea on Sunday was arguably the finest performance from Brendan Rodgers’ side this season.
The Welsh side may have had their eyes on the Capital One Cup final next Sunday but some of the attacking play from Liverpool was of the highest order, especially the third goal scored by Jose Enrique, arguably the best team move we have seen in 2012/2013.
Liverpool had 35 shots on goal which is the most of any team in a single match in any of Europe’s top 5 leagues this season.
In many ways, this was the performance Liverpool had threatened with their draws at Arsenal and Manchester City as well as their defeats to West Brom and Zenit where they had spurned numerous chances.
Individually, there were also some fine displays. Luis Suarez was at his effervescent best. Winning a penalty converted by Steven Gerrard for the opener and adding another assist and goal in the rout.
Philippe Coutinho made his full Anfield debut with the Brazilian marking the occasion with a goal. Whilst Daniel Sturridge was voted man of the match, after a goal and an assist and is looking like one of the signings of the January transfer window.
Individual highlights of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge are contained in the three videos below.
(Via @MostarLFC – a must follow Twitter account for Liverpool fans.)
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...