Individual Highlights: Santi Cazorla puts in another classy display for Arsenal in win at Liverpool
- September 5, 2012
“We saw very quickly that Cazorla was not going to take six months to settle. And we know Podolski is deadly when he gets a chance.” – Arsene Wenger.
Having shined in Arsenal’s opening games at home to Sunderland and away at Stoke, at Anfield on Sunday Santi Cazorla made a tangible impact on a Premier League match and showed just what a key man he could be for Arsene Wenger’s side this season.
Olivier Giroud may be taking time to settle in the Premier League but Cazorla looked at home immediately in English football and his two-footed pulling of the strings in the Arsenal midfield will be a joy to watch in 2012/2013.
The former Malaga man set up the first Arsenal goal for Lukas Podolski and Cazorla and the German international combined for the second.
And so after three games, Cazorla looks like one of the signings of the summer with a 92.3% pass accuracy, 14 shots in total and 12 key passes in the Premier League so far.
There are plenty of stand out moments on the video below, besides the goal and assist, but the way Cazorla interchanges the ball with Arsenal team mate Mikel Arteta and gets out of trouble on 5.55 is delightful.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”225830″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi