Individual highlights: New Manchester United signing Shinji Kagawa for Japan v Jordan
- June 9, 2012
After Manchester United’s announcement last week that they had signed Japanese star Shinji Kagawa, many were eagerly anticipating the former Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder’s next appearance.
It duly came in a 6-0 rout of Jordan in Asia World Cup qualifying and Kagawa came to the fore with one of the goals and the new Manchester United signing looked dangerous throughout in an inside left attacking position.
Kagawa looked threatening against a defensively weak side and linked up well with Keisuke Honda who claimed a hat-trick.
The highlight of the match for Sir Alex Ferguson’s new signing and one that quickly went viral was Kagawa’s goal just before the break from the edge of the box past a defender on the line.
For Japan and Kagawa the second half was a much more subdued affair with the match all but won.
The Japan number 10 did show off some neat touches and didn’t appear to have given away the ball once v Jordan if the video below is anything to go by. And Kagawa saw an effort flash wide late on.
Shinji Kagawa’s performance v Jordan can be seen here:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”190854″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...