- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Individual highlights: New Manchester United signing Shinji Kagawa for Japan v Jordan
- June 9, 2012
After Manchester United’s announcement last week that they had signed Japanese star Shinji Kagawa, many were eagerly anticipating the former Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder’s next appearance.
It duly came in a 6-0 rout of Jordan in Asia World Cup qualifying and Kagawa came to the fore with one of the goals and the new Manchester United signing looked dangerous throughout in an inside left attacking position.
Kagawa looked threatening against a defensively weak side and linked up well with Keisuke Honda who claimed a hat-trick.
The highlight of the match for Sir Alex Ferguson’s new signing and one that quickly went viral was Kagawa’s goal just before the break from the edge of the box past a defender on the line.
For Japan and Kagawa the second half was a much more subdued affair with the match all but won.
The Japan number 10 did show off some neat touches and didn’t appear to have given away the ball once v Jordan if the video below is anything to go by. And Kagawa saw an effort flash wide late on.
Shinji Kagawa’s performance v Jordan can be seen here:
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”190854″]