Individual Highlights: Nathan Ake impresses on 1st Chelsea start at Middlesbrough
- February 28, 2013
Chelsea’s 2-0 FA cup win at Middlesbrough on Wednesday evening will likely be remembered for Rafa Benitez’s rant post-match but it was significant for a Blues youngster.
Nathan Ake, a Dutch 20-year-old defender, was thrust into midfield by Chelsea interim manager Rafa Benitez and did not put a foot wrong in a fine first start for the first team.
Ake, signed from Feyenoord in 2010 and a Ruud Gullit look-a-like, was calm throughout the FA Cup tie and supported Ramires well in central midfield.
Having come on for a few minutes at Norwich as a substitute, this looks like being Nathan Ake’s break out season after impressing for some of Chelsea’s youth sides.
If Rafa Benitez does leave Stamford Bridge in the coming days, giving Nathan Ake a chance at first team level, may be one of his lasting legacies at Chelsea.
Individual highlights of Nathan Ake’s performance v Middlesbrough are on the video below, followed by a post match interview.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...