Individual highlights: Jack Wilshere’s performance for Arsenal U21s v Reading
- October 12, 2012
At the start of the week Arsenal’s Under-21s beat Reading 2-0 at Underhill, and the match was herladed another big stepping stone in the return of Gunners midfielder Jack Wilshere.
Wilshere, the 20-year-old Englishman who has been sidelined with ankle problems for the best part of the last 14 months, completed 74 minutes against the Royals, and he noticeably had a large part in both goals scored by the north Londoners.
During the first half Wilshere played a perfect reverse pass to Thomas Eisfeld, who in turn set up Serge Gnabry for the opening goal. (Note: Gnabry turned Reading defender Niall Keown – son of Gunners legend Martin – inside-out before he flashed a fine shot into the far corner.)
In the second half Jack Wilshere set up Arsenal’s second of the game, as his corner was flicked on by Ignasi Miquel and finished by Chuba Akpom.
Aside from those contributions the standout moment in Wilshere’s shift came about in the first half, as the youngster showed superb vision and skill to play a delicious backheel pass to Thomas Eisfeld which took on two Reading defenders in one sweet move.
Watch highlights of Jack Wilshere’s shift versus Reading below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”243997″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...