Individual Highlights: Gareth Bale’s glorious display in Spurs win at Aston Villa
- December 27, 2012
9 – Gareth Bale has equalled his best-ever goals total in a Premier League season (set in 2011-12) in only 16 appearances. Deadly. – Opta Joe.
“We recognise he is one of our major assets for sure, but in England there are no release clauses and a player of this dimension has a market value that is not attainable for most other clubs. His skills and talents put Gareth up there with the best and he is improving every day. Also, he is such a young player and has a wonderful personality. As he learns to feel even better in this team then probably his performances will improve. His finishing is very accurate and he has been prolific in front of goal. He is enjoying getting into those positions and his left foot is wonderful. He is doing great things.” – Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Gareth Bale likes playing on Boxing Day. A year ago the Tottenham forward claimed two goals in a victory at Norwich.
Last night it was three as Bale notched his first ever Premier League hat-trick against an Aston Villa side that have now shipped in 12 goals in two games.
At Villa Park, Bale looked eager from the off and in the first half, as Spurs totally dominated, he had a terrific effort saved by Brad Guzan.
The second half was a much easier watch for Tottenham fans worried their side were not taking their chances as after Jermain Defoe’s opener the floodgates opened.
Bale profited with a hat-trick with all three emphatic finishes as Spurs ran riot. Individual highlights of Gareth Bale v Aston Villa can be seen below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi