- Worst seat ever? Arsenal fan vents on social media about his £52 seat at Liverpool [Picture]
- Ex-US wunderkid Freddy Adu is unemployed again. FK Jagodina axe him after 0 games in 6 months
- Junior Viza (Juan Aurich) overhead kick golazo in 3rd leg of Peruvian final [Video]
- Melanie Rickinger takes Christian Lell to court for spying on her messages with Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil
- Crazy odds: Back Chelsea at 4/1 to win at Stoke on Monday night!!!!
Individual Highlights: Gareth Bale’s glorious display in Spurs win at Aston Villa
9 – Gareth Bale has equalled his best-ever goals total in a Premier League season (set in 2011-12) in only 16 appearances. Deadly. – Opta Joe.
“We recognise he is one of our major assets for sure, but in England there are no release clauses and a player of this dimension has a market value that is not attainable for most other clubs. His skills and talents put Gareth up there with the best and he is improving every day. Also, he is such a young player and has a wonderful personality. As he learns to feel even better in this team then probably his performances will improve. His finishing is very accurate and he has been prolific in front of goal. He is enjoying getting into those positions and his left foot is wonderful. He is doing great things.” – Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Gareth Bale likes playing on Boxing Day. A year ago the Tottenham forward claimed two goals in a victory at Norwich.
Last night it was three as Bale notched his first ever Premier League hat-trick against an Aston Villa side that have now shipped in 12 goals in two games.
At Villa Park, Bale looked eager from the off and in the first half, as Spurs totally dominated, he had a terrific effort saved by Brad Guzan.
The second half was a much easier watch for Tottenham fans worried their side were not taking their chances as after Jermain Defoe’s opener the floodgates opened.
Bale profited with a hat-trick with all three emphatic finishes as Spurs ran riot. Individual highlights of Gareth Bale v Aston Villa can be seen below.
- Updated: December 27, 2012