Individual highlights: Gareth Bale scores again for Spurs v Arsenal
- March 5, 2013
It may not have been the match winning performance of West Ham away, but Gareth Bale was one of Tottenham’s star performers as they won the north London derby 2-1 on Sunday.
Crucially, Bale scored the opener, running on to a Gylfi Sigurdsson through ball and was Spurs’ key man going forward with Emmanuel Adebayor against frustrating, despite the Togo forward’s clever run for the first goal.
Bale was a threat throughout the 90 minutes, making a mockery of Arsene Wenger’s assertion pre-match that he would not be assigning any special plans to the Welsh flyer.
With Sigurdsson making an impact on the left side of midfield over the past couple of games, it now seems likely that Bale could spend the rest of the campaign in a free role up front.
Even when Aaron Ramsey moved to right back for Arsenal, Bale still roamed around the center despite the fact his Welsh international colleague was on a booking.
Bale has now scored 10 goals in his last 8 games, 9 in 7 for Spurs, can he keep up this form for the remainder of 2012/2013?
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...