Individual highlights: Arsenal striker Joel Campbell v Spain
- November 17, 2011
Once again Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is being labelled a genius after Joel Campbell’s goal and impressive performance against Spain on Tuesday night.
“The Professor” plucked Campbell CD Saprissa in the summer for a fee believed to be around one million pounds which looks to be a bargain.
Campbell, currently on loan at Lorient due to work permit issues, was instrumental in Costa Rica taking a 2-0 lead against the world and European champions with the Arsenal hitman bagging the second with a curler past Iker Casillas.
The Arsenal striker was a constant livewire presence throughout his 66 minute appearance against Spain, running and harrying some of the best defenders in world football such as Carles Puyol and Sergio Ramos.
Three minutes before half-time came Campbell’s big moment as he scored past La Furia Roja but he was a lively presence up front for Costa Rica and if he can toughen up a little could be a major force for Arsenal in the coming years.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...