Epic penalty FAIL: Independiente’s Ernesto Farias v Newell’s Old Boys
- February 11, 2013
Another week, another hilariously awful miss to enjoy.
The Argentinean Primera Division got back underway last weekend, with Newell’s Old Boys, last season’s runners-up, winning 3-1 way at Independiente in week one.
The result could have so different.
With the scores tied at 1-1, Independiente won a penalty midway through the second half when Juan Caicedo was hacked down on the right hand side of the area.
Responsibility fell on home striker Ernesto Farias to convert from 12-yards, but the 32-year-old’s arguably eclipsed Sergio Ramos’ famous spot-kick stinker as the Independiente forward ballooned his shot high, wide and handsome.
Two minutes later Newell’s Scocco scored at the other end, before Perez made it 3-1 in the 82nd.
Watch Ernesto Farias’ epic penalty FAIL below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi