Epic penalty FAIL: Independiente’s Ernesto Farias v Newell’s Old Boys
- February 11, 2013
Another week, another hilariously awful miss to enjoy.
The Argentinean Primera Division got back underway last weekend, with Newell’s Old Boys, last season’s runners-up, winning 3-1 way at Independiente in week one.
The result could have so different.
With the scores tied at 1-1, Independiente won a penalty midway through the second half when Juan Caicedo was hacked down on the right hand side of the area.
Responsibility fell on home striker Ernesto Farias to convert from 12-yards, but the 32-year-old’s arguably eclipsed Sergio Ramos’ famous spot-kick stinker as the Independiente forward ballooned his shot high, wide and handsome.
Two minutes later Newell’s Scocco scored at the other end, before Perez made it 3-1 in the 82nd.
Watch Ernesto Farias’ epic penalty FAIL below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...