- (Lord) Nicklas Bendtner scores 1st Bundesliga goal for Wolfsburg at Schalke
- RUMOUR: Marseille may be bought by Saudi prince Al Walid, world’s 35th-richest man [L'Equipe]
- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
Epic penalty FAIL: Independiente’s Ernesto Farias v Newell’s Old Boys
Another week, another hilariously awful miss to enjoy.
The Argentinean Primera Division got back underway last weekend, with Newell’s Old Boys, last season’s runners-up, winning 3-1 way at Independiente in week one.
The result could have so different.
With the scores tied at 1-1, Independiente won a penalty midway through the second half when Juan Caicedo was hacked down on the right hand side of the area.
Responsibility fell on home striker Ernesto Farias to convert from 12-yards, but the 32-year-old’s arguably eclipsed Sergio Ramos’ famous spot-kick stinker as the Independiente forward ballooned his shot high, wide and handsome.
Two minutes later Newell’s Scocco scored at the other end, before Perez made it 3-1 in the 82nd.
Watch Ernesto Farias’ epic penalty FAIL below.
- Updated: February 11, 2013