Epic penalty FAIL: Independiente’s Ernesto Farias v Newell’s Old Boys
- February 11, 2013
Another week, another hilariously awful miss to enjoy.
The Argentinean Primera Division got back underway last weekend, with Newell’s Old Boys, last season’s runners-up, winning 3-1 way at Independiente in week one.
The result could have so different.
With the scores tied at 1-1, Independiente won a penalty midway through the second half when Juan Caicedo was hacked down on the right hand side of the area.
Responsibility fell on home striker Ernesto Farias to convert from 12-yards, but the 32-year-old’s arguably eclipsed Sergio Ramos’ famous spot-kick stinker as the Independiente forward ballooned his shot high, wide and handsome.
Two minutes later Newell’s Scocco scored at the other end, before Perez made it 3-1 in the 82nd.
Watch Ernesto Farias’ epic penalty FAIL below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...