- Radamel Falcao tweets brilliant pre-game picture ahead of Man United v Newcastle
- West Ham troll Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Twitter before Boxing Day game
- Jeff Stelling delivers the King’s speech, rounding up football in 2014 [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s full Christmas Day interview on BT Sport [Video]
- Chelsea v West Ham [Team Sheets]
Epic penalty FAIL: Independiente’s Ernesto Farias v Newell’s Old Boys
Another week, another hilariously awful miss to enjoy.
The Argentinean Primera Division got back underway last weekend, with Newell’s Old Boys, last season’s runners-up, winning 3-1 way at Independiente in week one.
The result could have so different.
With the scores tied at 1-1, Independiente won a penalty midway through the second half when Juan Caicedo was hacked down on the right hand side of the area.
Responsibility fell on home striker Ernesto Farias to convert from 12-yards, but the 32-year-old’s arguably eclipsed Sergio Ramos’ famous spot-kick stinker as the Independiente forward ballooned his shot high, wide and handsome.
Two minutes later Newell’s Scocco scored at the other end, before Perez made it 3-1 in the 82nd.
Watch Ernesto Farias’ epic penalty FAIL below.
- Updated: February 11, 2013