Independiente – Union Santa Fe (Argentina Primera B) suspended, 4 firearms found near stadium, 33 barras bravas arrested
- October 4, 2013
The battle against the inherent violence in Argentine football goes on.
The authorities took the swift decision to suspend the Primer B game between Independiente and Union Santa Fe, after an arsenal of weaponry, including 4 guns and dozens of knives, was uncovered in an abandoned warehouse near the stadium.
33 members of the barras bravas were arrested by the Aprevide (Agency for the Prevention of Violence in Sport, and in such a climate of violence and fear, it was decided against playing the match, with fans of both sides told to stay away.
Oscar Boccalandro, a representative of the Aprevide, said: ‘It’s the most practical solution. In such circumstances football can’t be played, we have to above all protect lives.
[gthumb id=”361551″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...