- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
- Alan Shearer pays tribute to Thierry Henry: ‘One hell of a player, and a really nice guy’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal the butt of a very Dutch joke at awards show – he doesn’t like it! [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti on possible Jan signings: ‘I like Christoph Kramer a lot’ [Video]
Incredible video of Anfield atmosphere during ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ ahead of Liverpool vs Chelsea
On what has overall been a bitterly disappointing day for Liverpool, the club can take pride in the atmosphere their fans created ahead of the clash with Chelsea at Anfield today.
Despite the best efforts of Chelsea fans to counter the crowd’s rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone, the Liverpool support leave them speechless when they get into full voice.
Of course, winning the battle in the stands was scant consolation for a Liverpool side that suffered a hefty blow in their pursuit of a first title in 24 years, losing the game 2-0.
The fate of the title is now virtually out of their hands. City, boasting a significantly superior goal difference, are almost guaranteed to finish top should their remaining three games.
- Updated: April 27, 2014