- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Incredible! Robert Herrera produces an unbelievable miss in the Copa Libertadores semi-final
After losing to Nacional (PAR) by 2-0 in Copa Libertadores semifinal 1st leg, Defensor Sporting (URU) needed to win 2-0 in normal time to take the match to a penalty shootout.
All was going according to plan for a while.
The match was 1-0 to Defensor, the goal coming from Adrián Luna, when Robert Herrera had an incredible chance inside the box to score the 2nd goal after a corner but he failed to convert exploding his shot on the post.
The barely believable miss is probably one of the worst in history given the significance of the tie and the time of the miss, etc. Horrendous!
Defensor were eliminated from the competition, allowing Nacional to play in their first Copa Libertadores final.
- Updated: July 30, 2014