Incredible! Robert Herrera produces an unbelievable miss in the Copa Libertadores semi-final
- July 30, 2014
After losing to Nacional (PAR) by 2-0 in Copa Libertadores semifinal 1st leg, Defensor Sporting (URU) needed to win 2-0 in normal time to take the match to a penalty shootout.
All was going according to plan for a while.
The match was 1-0 to Defensor, the goal coming from Adrián Luna, when Robert Herrera had an incredible chance inside the box to score the 2nd goal after a corner but he failed to convert exploding his shot on the post.
The barely believable miss is probably one of the worst in history given the significance of the tie and the time of the miss, etc. Horrendous!
Defensor were eliminated from the competition, allowing Nacional to play in their first Copa Libertadores final.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi