In Pictures: Liverpool fans rejoice at John Henry telling Arsenal that Suarez isn’t being sold
- August 9, 2013
Luis Suarez is going nowhere. That’s according to Liverpool’s billionaire owner John W Henry.
The big news splashed across several on England’s newspapers on Friday is that Liverpool’s mega-rich American owner has gone on the record to categorically deny that the Anfielders will sell Suarez to Arsenal.
Famously, several weeks back John Henry tweeted “What are you smoking at the Emirates” as noises that Arsenal were chasing Suarez started to get louder.
Overnight the American has ramped up his anti-Arsenal rhetoric will a couple more zingers along with his unequivocal statement “We are not going to sell Luis. It’s a football reason. It’s not finances.”
Reaction to Henry’s comments have been quick to flow, and a handful of excellent pictures and memes have been whipped up to mark the Liverpool’s owners thoughts on Arsenal’s approach for Suarez.
Below are a series of the best images floating about this Friday.
— MostarLFC (@MostarLFC) August 8, 2013
John Henry says: "Bring it on, Luis. I'm ready for you." pic.twitter.com/o71yzyqUMY
— dirtytackle (@BrooksDT) August 8, 2013
After John Henry's quotes… Stealth mode initiated. pic.twitter.com/XeLcGfdY2z
— B Larsen | Arsenal (@BLarsenAFC1886) August 8, 2013
— David James (@DavidLFC1) August 8, 2013
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...