In Pictures: A Turkish couple become a local news story after calling their newborn son Messi
- March 14, 2013
A couple in Turkey’s Kurdish Adiyaman region have become famous overnight after calling their newborn son Ali Umut Messi.
The baby’s father, Rafet, is a massive Barcelona and Lionel Messi fan, and the new father told local news that he hopes his son can emulate the Argentine footballing god.
Rafet told Turkey’s CNN:
I promised myself that I would name my child after a player that sets an example to the world both with his technique, his intelligence and his manners. I’ve been following Messi since he came to Barcelona and he is the exact kind of player that I thought of when naming my son.
Apparently Messi’s mother, Nurgül, had no problems naming her son after the Barca number ten either.
Photos of the Turkish Messi can be seen below, along with a Turkish news report on the story.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...