In Pictures: A Turkish couple become a local news story after calling their newborn son Messi
- March 14, 2013
A couple in Turkey’s Kurdish Adiyaman region have become famous overnight after calling their newborn son Ali Umut Messi.
The baby’s father, Rafet, is a massive Barcelona and Lionel Messi fan, and the new father told local news that he hopes his son can emulate the Argentine footballing god.
Rafet told Turkey’s CNN:
I promised myself that I would name my child after a player that sets an example to the world both with his technique, his intelligence and his manners. I’ve been following Messi since he came to Barcelona and he is the exact kind of player that I thought of when naming my son.
Apparently Messi’s mother, Nurgül, had no problems naming her son after the Barca number ten either.
Photos of the Turkish Messi can be seen below, along with a Turkish news report on the story.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...