In Pictures: 1000s of Celtic supporters attend ‘Fans Against Criminalisation’ demo
- April 6, 2013
Celtic supporters staged a hugely successful demonstration on Saturday against laws in Scotland which many believe are unjust against football fans.
As explained on FansAgainstCriminalisation.blogspot.com:
Back in October 2011, 2000 Celtic fans rallied at George Square in protest at the Offensive Behaviour at Football Bill that was proceeding through the Scottish Parliament at the time. We argued then that the Bill and the disproportionate policing we had begun to see at matches was criminalising football supporters. Events since then, culminating in the scenes we witnessed on Saturday when police attacked fans on the Gallowgate, have only served to prove us right.
Fans Against Criminalisation is an independent umbrella group comprising the Green Brigade, Celtic Trust, Celtic Supporters Association, Affiliation of Registered Celtic Supporters Clubs and Association of Irish Celtic Supporters Clubs, representing thousands of Celtic fans.
On Saturday the latest ‘Fans Against Criminalisation’ demonstration was held, and the turnout was outstanding.
Pictures from the event, as well as a powerful set of banners seen later in the day at Celtic’s match against Hibs, can be seen below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...