- David De Gea has turned down Real Madrid, set to sign new 5-year Man United contract [Express]
- Chelsea’s Fernando Torres could move to Atletico Madrid on loan in January [Chiringuito]
- Arsenal lining up £26m January bid for Barcelona’s Pedro [Express]
- English Democrat Paul Rimmer says ‘Liverpool have been cursed by God for sponsoring Gay Pride’
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is the same type of striker as Alexis Sanchez’
“I’m looking forward to it” – Man United’s Rio Ferdinand asks when the Ashes starts hours after day one closes
When does the #Ashes start people, I'm looking forward to it???
— Rio Ferdinand (@rioferdy5) November 21, 2013
Was he being funny or plain dopey?
Manchester United centre back Rio Ferdinand made himself look a little stupid on Thursday morning when he turned to Twitter to type:
When does the #Ashes start people, I’m looking forward to it???
The Ashes, for any football fans who don’t know, is the name for the test series between England and Australia which kicked off Down Under through the night (in Europe) on Wednesday.
Ferdinand’s faux pas was instantly picked up by his hoards on followers, and plenty of poeple were only too quick to respond the the Man United man with comedy quips.
Read a series of replies to Rio Ferdinand’s tweet below.
@rioferdy5 Last night!
— Stuart Dredge (@stuartdredge) November 21, 2013
— MirrorFootball (@MirrorFootball) November 21, 2013
@rioferdy5 That a serious question?
— Tomasz Mortimer (@TMortimerFtbl) November 21, 2013
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) November 21, 2013
— Laurie Hanna (@LaurieHanna) November 21, 2013
- Updated: November 21, 2013