- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
- Learn how to perform The Mona Lisa trick move with this Skill Twins tutorial [Video]
Iker Casillas wants to leave Real Madrid for free, with Arsenal his preferred destination [El Confidencial]
- July 19, 2014
After winning the much-anticipated La Decima with Real Madrid last May, there’s a feeling that Iker Casillas is now ready for a new challenge away from Los Blancos.
Ever since being benched by Jose Mourinho back in December 2012, Casillas’ love affair with Madrid has gone a bit sour, and with the club now bringing in Costa Rican hero Keylor Navas, Casillas’ desire to leave has only increased, according to El Confidencial.
Iker Casillas, Diego Lopez and Keylor Navas; three top goalkeepers, something will have to give.
The Spanish investigative site claim that Casillas is now so set on leaving that he hopes Madrid will facilitate things for him, by letting him leave for free.
With 3 years remaining on his contract, Casillas would come at a cost of around 9 million euros, an impediment to signing a goalkeeper of his age (33).
El Confidencial say that Casillas is hoping that after all his years of service, the Madrid hierarchy will make things as easy as possible, and let him leave as an effective free transfer – ideally to Arsenal, his long-time preferred destination.