Iker Casillas wants to leave Real Madrid for free, with Arsenal his preferred destination [El Confidencial]
- July 19, 2014
After winning the much-anticipated La Decima with Real Madrid last May, there’s a feeling that Iker Casillas is now ready for a new challenge away from Los Blancos.
Ever since being benched by Jose Mourinho back in December 2012, Casillas’ love affair with Madrid has gone a bit sour, and with the club now bringing in Costa Rican hero Keylor Navas, Casillas’ desire to leave has only increased, according to El Confidencial.
Iker Casillas, Diego Lopez and Keylor Navas; three top goalkeepers, something will have to give.
The Spanish investigative site claim that Casillas is now so set on leaving that he hopes Madrid will facilitate things for him, by letting him leave for free.
With 3 years remaining on his contract, Casillas would come at a cost of around 9 million euros, an impediment to signing a goalkeeper of his age (33).
El Confidencial say that Casillas is hoping that after all his years of service, the Madrid hierarchy will make things as easy as possible, and let him leave as an effective free transfer – ideally to Arsenal, his long-time preferred destination.
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Arsenal fans react to Lukas Podolski’s €4m move to Galatasaray [Tweets]
- Chelsea and Arsenal battle it out for €20million left back Baba Rahman [Guardian]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi