Iker Casillas wants to leave Real Madrid for free, with Arsenal his preferred destination [El Confidencial]
- July 19, 2014
After winning the much-anticipated La Decima with Real Madrid last May, there’s a feeling that Iker Casillas is now ready for a new challenge away from Los Blancos.
Ever since being benched by Jose Mourinho back in December 2012, Casillas’ love affair with Madrid has gone a bit sour, and with the club now bringing in Costa Rican hero Keylor Navas, Casillas’ desire to leave has only increased, according to El Confidencial.
Iker Casillas, Diego Lopez and Keylor Navas; three top goalkeepers, something will have to give.
The Spanish investigative site claim that Casillas is now so set on leaving that he hopes Madrid will facilitate things for him, by letting him leave for free.
With 3 years remaining on his contract, Casillas would come at a cost of around 9 million euros, an impediment to signing a goalkeeper of his age (33).
El Confidencial say that Casillas is hoping that after all his years of service, the Madrid hierarchy will make things as easy as possible, and let him leave as an effective free transfer – ideally to Arsenal, his long-time preferred destination.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...