Iker Casillas “wants to kill” Sergio Ramos after the defender damaged his ribs v Galatasaray [Picture + Tweet]
- September 18, 2013
Iker Casillas couldn’t believe his bad luck.
For the first time in 238 days, Tuesday night in the Champions League saw Iker Casillas collect his first start for Real Madrid. Unfortunately for the Spanish keeper, he only managed to play 13 minutes of the match in Turkey after one of his own players put him out of commission early on.
In just the third minutes of the game Sergio Ramos clattered into his keeper when Casillas plucked a cross out the air in his box.
The collision looked innocuous to begin with, but quickly it became obvious that Casillas was struggling with a pain in his ribs.
A doctor tried to apply a quick fix by bandaging up the goalie’s torso, but two minutes later Casillas demanded a substitution as Diego Lopez marched on the pitch to save the day.
On the journey back from Galatasaray after Los Blancos picked up a massive 6-1 away win, Casillas ended up sitting next to Sergio Ramos.
Looking to make light of the situation, Ramos tweeted out a new picture showing the banter between the centre-back and his keeper on the journey home.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...