If Thiago Alcantara does leave for Manchester United, Barcelona want the deal done quickly
- June 21, 2013
Catalan paper El Mundo Deportivo have an update on Barcelona’s take on what appears to be the increasingly likely transfer of Thiago Alcantara to Manchester United.
Thiago remains keen to grab regular first team football next season and can leave for 18 million euros plus VAT thanks to a clause in his Barcelona contract that runs until the end of July.
The Catalan giants are keen for Thiago to make his decision quickly. The Barcelona hierachy believe the Spain Under-21 star should be brave and trust in his own ability to become a regular starter for Tito Vilanova’s side.
If Thiago does leave, Barcelona want a deal, most likely with Manchester United to be soon, so that they can either bring in a replacement or promote another youngster from their B side.
El Mundo Deportivo add that the club “with the upper hand” is Manchester United but Manchester City are also an option as are Champions League holders Bayern Munich, now managed by Pep Guardiola.
The fact David Moyes needs to strengthen his midfield and with David De Gea already at Old Trafford means Manchester United are thought to be in pole position.
Real Madrid have been ruled out of the equation with Thiago Alcantara refusing to move to the Bernabeu.
Manchester City are also deemed unlikely if they sign Thiago’s Spain Under-21 team mate Isco.
Today’s Thiago Alcantara update looks like a call to Manchester United to move for the player so that Barcelona can prepare for next season in an orderly fashion.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi