ITV’s awkward commentary in the storm: Ian Wright’s laugh, Lee Dixon’s unanswered question & Hoddle’s invisible mic
- June 8, 2014
— Jim Daly (@jimdalycomedy) June 7, 2014
ITV were dealt a curve ball on Saturday night during their coverage of England versus Honduras as the match was interrupted for 30 minutes for an electrical storm.
With lightning raging, rain pouring, and temperatures soaring, the much maligned Adrian Chiles was forced to keep audiences entertained as they waited for the game to get back on.
Chiles, along with pundits Ian Wright, Lee Dixon and Glenn Hoddle, struggled handle the pressure of winging it on live TV, and that produced a couple of comedy TV moments.
Ian Wright showed off his awkwardness when he laughed far too loudly to an awful joke from Chiles about England’s lack of a weather man in their touring party.
Lee Dixon also produced a couple of comedy moments as he first was unable to ask a burning question, before he furiously kept eye-balling someone off camera as the chaos played out.
Finally, Glenn Hoddle brilliantly brought out an invisible microphone which he held up with a strong hand (see above).
See the clips from ITV’s rubbish commentary below.
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [P...
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training ...
- Razor Ruddock & Adebayo Akinfenwa try to pick up doughnuts with their elephant mas...
- TalkSPORT suggest alterations to the ratings of certain players in FIFA 15 [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...