Ian Holloway back to his best with some classic wisecracks at his Millwall unveiling [Video]
- January 10, 2014
Today is a good day for football as one of the game’s great characters, Ian Holloway, returns to the arena.
The manager with the ‘Ambrosiar’ accent cut a despondent figure as he left Crystal Palace by mutual consent back in November, and many feared it could be some time before we saw him back fighting fit and fully recovered from that bitter experience.
But Holloway took just two months to dust himself down and find a new club that ticked his boxes – he was unveiled as Millwall’s new manager today.
And happily, Holloway didn’t disappoint at his first presser.
Joking that now that he’s back in London, he’d like to take his old flat back, Holloway then lamented that he can’t – because Pulis has moved into it!
‘But he ain’t got my car,” said Holloway – ”and he certainly won’t get my woman!”
Aside from the gags, Holloway showed he’s got his mojo back with an engaging presser, which can be seen below.
- Millwall boss Ian Holloway condemns fans for ‘obscene’ Jimmy Saville chants...
- Ian Holloway on taking over at Millwall
- Fulham manager Martin Jol very surprised at ‘inspirational’ Ian Holloway...
- Everton manager Roberto Martinez sad to see Ian Holloway go
- Ian Holloway on his resignation as Crystal Palace manager
- Steve Parish on Ian Holloway’s departure from Crystal Palace
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...