- Newcastle v Sunderland [Team Sheets]
- AC Milan’s Jeremy Menez flicked Daniele De Rossi’s balls during 0-0 draw with Roma [GIF]
- Arsenal have bid €40m for Palermo’s Paulo Dybala, Borussia Dortmund are offering €48m [Clarin]
- Nemanja Vidic set to leave Inter Milan on loan for Juventus, not Man United [La Stampa]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has set a new trophy record during his Man United & Real Madrid career [Graphic]
Ian Holloway back to his best with some classic wisecracks at his Millwall unveiling [Video]
Today is a good day for football as one of the game’s great characters, Ian Holloway, returns to the arena.
The manager with the ‘Ambrosiar’ accent cut a despondent figure as he left Crystal Palace by mutual consent back in November, and many feared it could be some time before we saw him back fighting fit and fully recovered from that bitter experience.
But Holloway took just two months to dust himself down and find a new club that ticked his boxes – he was unveiled as Millwall’s new manager today.
And happily, Holloway didn’t disappoint at his first presser.
Joking that now that he’s back in London, he’d like to take his old flat back, Holloway then lamented that he can’t – because Pulis has moved into it!
‘But he ain’t got my car,” said Holloway – ”and he certainly won’t get my woman!”
Aside from the gags, Holloway showed he’s got his mojo back with an engaging presser, which can be seen below.
- Updated: January 10, 2014