“I learn more about my team from the stands” says Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood, responding to fans’ criticism [Video]
- March 31, 2014
Tottenham’s Tim Sherwood came under stinging criticism by his own fans last Sunday, after deciding to manage his club from the stands, rather than show presence on the sidelines of the pitch. Spurs away supporters were visibly unhappy and started singing “Where is our manager?” chants at Anfield.
The Spurs manager, who took up his now preferred seat in the directors’ box to watch the game, despite demands from the angry travelling fans for him to be more of a pitch-side presence, is convinced he is acting in the best long-term interests of the team.
“At 2:0 and the game going away from us I think I’m going to learn more about my players by sitting out there [in the stands] and getting a good look at it, rather than getting involved and maybe getting in trouble on the sidelines,” said Sherwood, adding “it was time for me to stop ranting and raving and take a step back and start assessing what we need for the future.”
- How Liverpool fans reacted to the signing of Roberto Firmino [Video]
- Defender Simon Kjaer rejected Liverpool for Fenerbahce because he wanted to win trophie...
- Brendan Rodgers releases coach Mike Marsh from Liverpool staff [Mirror]
- Brendan Rodgers will stay on as Liverpool manager following positive end-of-season review
- Liverpool have approached Carlo Ancelotti over replacing Brendan Rodgers [Marca]
- Brendan Rodgers is not in any immediate danger of getting axed from Liverpool [Papers]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi