“I learn more about my team from the stands” says Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood, responding to fans’ criticism [Video]
- March 31, 2014
Tottenham’s Tim Sherwood came under stinging criticism by his own fans last Sunday, after deciding to manage his club from the stands, rather than show presence on the sidelines of the pitch. Spurs away supporters were visibly unhappy and started singing “Where is our manager?” chants at Anfield.
The Spurs manager, who took up his now preferred seat in the directors’ box to watch the game, despite demands from the angry travelling fans for him to be more of a pitch-side presence, is convinced he is acting in the best long-term interests of the team.
“At 2:0 and the game going away from us I think I’m going to learn more about my players by sitting out there [in the stands] and getting a good look at it, rather than getting involved and maybe getting in trouble on the sidelines,” said Sherwood, adding “it was time for me to stop ranting and raving and take a step back and start assessing what we need for the future.”
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...