- Radamel Falcao tweets brilliant pre-game picture ahead of Man United v Newcastle
- West Ham troll Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Twitter before Boxing Day game
- Jeff Stelling delivers the King’s speech, rounding up football in 2014 [Video]
- Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson’s full Christmas Day interview on BT Sport [Video]
- Chelsea v West Ham [Team Sheets]
Hull must be wary of second season syndrome, warns Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg
Despite the odds being stacked against them, Hull performed admirably last season after earning promotion to the Premier League.
Steve Bruce’s side achieved their main aim of staying up quite comfortably and exceeded expectations by making it to the FA Cup final where they narrowly lost to Arsenal after extra-time.
This time they will have the simultaneous blessing and curse that is Europa League football to contend with. A run in the competition would be good for the club’s finances, as well as putting players in the shop window, but could derail their domestic ambitions.
In the video above, Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg warns Hull to be wary of second season syndrome.
- Updated: August 7, 2014