Hull must be wary of second season syndrome, warns Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg
- August 7, 2014
Despite the odds being stacked against them, Hull performed admirably last season after earning promotion to the Premier League.
Steve Bruce’s side achieved their main aim of staying up quite comfortably and exceeded expectations by making it to the FA Cup final where they narrowly lost to Arsenal after extra-time.
This time they will have the simultaneous blessing and curse that is Europa League football to contend with. A run in the competition would be good for the club’s finances, as well as putting players in the shop window, but could derail their domestic ambitions.
In the video above, Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg warns Hull to be wary of second season syndrome.
- Charlton v Hull: Watch a Live Stream
- David Meyler posts video of Ryan Taylor’s singing initiation at Hull
- Wolverhampton v Hull: Watch a Live Stream
- Arsenal loanee Chuba Akpom scores fabulous solo goal for Hull City (Official Video)
- Arsenal loanee Chuba Akpom smashes in debut goal for Hull City in 2-0 win (Official Video)
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...