Hull must be wary of second season syndrome, warns Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg
- August 7, 2014
Despite the odds being stacked against them, Hull performed admirably last season after earning promotion to the Premier League.
Steve Bruce’s side achieved their main aim of staying up quite comfortably and exceeded expectations by making it to the FA Cup final where they narrowly lost to Arsenal after extra-time.
This time they will have the simultaneous blessing and curse that is Europa League football to contend with. A run in the competition would be good for the club’s finances, as well as putting players in the shop window, but could derail their domestic ambitions.
In the video above, Guardian writer Jacob Steinberg warns Hull to be wary of second season syndrome.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]