Hulk wants to join Spurs & play under AVB again [Sunday Telegraph]
After missing out on Willian in acrimonious circumstances, the question is now where do Tottenham turn for an attacking player?
Some are calling for a playmaker type (perhaps Christian Eriksen or Javier Pastore) but there are suggestions Spurs will move for a more robust forward type of player, more of a direct replacement for Real Madrid-bound Gareth Bale.
With Vlad Chiriches and Erik Lamela set to sign this week, reports continue to suggest that Tottenham are far from finished spending this summer especially with the Bale deal expected to be completed on Tuesday.
The Sunday Telegraph, via Jason Burt, a journalist known to have decent contacts at Spurs, claims Andre Villas-Boas’ main target will be Zenit St. Petersburg striker Hulk.
Burt claims: “Hulk has long been admired by head coach Andre Villas-Boas, who worked with the 27-year-old forward at Porto, although any deal hinges on his current club, Zenit St Petersburg, lowering their demands. The Russians have been demanding closer to £40 million. In Tottenham’s favour is the fact that Hulk wants to reunite with Villas-Boas even though the club is not in the Champions League.”
Hulk, currently a Brazil national team regular undoubtedly has the physique for the Premier League and has arguably a better left foot than Bale.
Other options put forward by Burt include Miralem Pjanic (Roma would surely be unlikely to sell two important young players to Spurs) or CSKA Moscow’s Alan Dzagoev.
So late in the transfer window, who realistically can Spurs sign in the remaining nine days?
Watch Live Stream
- Hulk scores on his Shanghai SIPG debut in China, then gets injured (Video)July 10, 2016
- Madness: Hulk signs for Shanghai SIPG for £46.1mJune 30, 2016
- Hulk produced one of the worst shots ever during Paraguay 2 – Brazil 2 (Video)March 30, 2016
- Hulk scores a comedy penalty at Zenit training (Video)January 17, 2016
- Bournemouth v Tottenham: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 21, 2016
- Harry Kane returns to Spurs training, updates on InstagramOctober 20, 2016
- Updates on Danny Rose & Toby Alderweireld playing for Spurs v BournemouthOctober 20, 2016
- Man United legend Roy Keane’s frank assessment of Spurs title chances is too funny (Video)October 20, 2016
- Overhead camera hits Spartak player at Zenit (Video)October 5, 2016
- Zenit respond to Burger King name change offer with brilliant Game of Thrones tweetSeptember 2, 2016
- Zenit receive whopper offer from Burger King to change name to ‘Zenit Burger King’ [Best Tweets]September 2, 2016
- Juventus furious with Zenit after pulling £17m Axel Witsel transfer at last minuteSeptember 1, 2016