HUGE Brazil Blow: Neymar is ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with fractured vertebrae
Wow, huge body blow for Brazil: their star man Neymar is out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar Junior was stretchered off after a knee to the back from Colombia’s Zuniga in Brazil’s World Cup quarter final win tonight, and was taken straight to hospital.
It was a pretty brutal and stealthy knee from Zuniga; the Colombian claims he meant no harm, but that’s not gonna wash with mourning Brazilian fans – he’ll be forever remembered as the man who kicked Neymar out of the World Cup.
There were the usual gags and jokes that he’d be straight back, but no, this was for real: Ney has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae, and will not only miss the Germany semi-final, but a potential final.
It’s a huge personal blow for Neymar, who’d been having a fine tournament as he carried the weight of a country on his shoulders at just 22, but now even more so for Scolari and the country as a whole.
Without Neymar, do they stand a chance against Germany, with Hulk and Fred to rely on for goals?
For now, most importantly: get well soon Neymar, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Watch Live Stream
- Barcelona star Dani Alves Trolls Pele in an Instagram videoMay 24th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Allan Rodrigues de Souza scores a winner for Brazil U20 v France (Video)May 22nd, 2016
- Rivaldo warns that people coming to Brazil this summer are putting their lives at riskMay 11th, 2016
- Graphic footage: Brazilian fan in serious condition after a dozen fans beat him up on pitch (Video)May 9th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo rings the MSN for advice ahead of Champions League final (Video)May 27th, 2016
- Pat Nevin is a huge fan of Marcus Rashford, compares him to Neymar (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Thiago Messi & Benjamin Suarez star in Barcelona Copa del Rey celebrationsMay 23rd, 2016
- Brilliant fan footage of Leo Messi’s 2nd assist for Neymar in Copa del Rey final (Video)May 23rd, 2016