HUGE Brazil Blow: Neymar is ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with fractured vertebrae
Wow, huge body blow for Brazil: their star man Neymar is out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar Junior was stretchered off after a knee to the back from Colombia’s Zuniga in Brazil’s World Cup quarter final win tonight, and was taken straight to hospital.
It was a pretty brutal and stealthy knee from Zuniga; the Colombian claims he meant no harm, but that’s not gonna wash with mourning Brazilian fans – he’ll be forever remembered as the man who kicked Neymar out of the World Cup.
There were the usual gags and jokes that he’d be straight back, but no, this was for real: Ney has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae, and will not only miss the Germany semi-final, but a potential final.
It’s a huge personal blow for Neymar, who’d been having a fine tournament as he carried the weight of a country on his shoulders at just 22, but now even more so for Scolari and the country as a whole.
Without Neymar, do they stand a chance against Germany, with Hulk and Fred to rely on for goals?
For now, most importantly: get well soon Neymar, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Watch Live Stream
- Brazil coach Tite lavishes praise on Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho (Video)December 1, 2016
- Neymar, Gabriel Jesus & Philippe Coutinho may monetise their goal celebration [UOL Esporte]November 17, 2016
- Man City’s Gabriel Jesus bags goal & assist for Brazil as they make it 6 wins from 6 (videos)November 16, 2016
- Peru v Brazil: Watch a Live Stream of the World Cup qualifierNovember 14, 2016
- Neymar & Cristiano Ronaldo charge a fortune for their signatures [El Confidencial]December 7, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo not included in the most expensive XI in world football [CIES]December 6, 2016
- Fouling Neymar: The 442oons Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1 movie trailer (video)December 5, 2016
- Man United keen on £180m Barcelona striker Neymar [Daily Record]November 30, 2016