HUGE Brazil Blow: Neymar is ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with fractured vertebrae
- July 4, 2014
Wow, huge body blow for Brazil: their star man Neymar is out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar Junior was stretchered off after a knee to the back from Colombia’s Zuniga in Brazil’s World Cup quarter final win tonight, and was taken straight to hospital.
It was a pretty brutal and stealthy knee from Zuniga; the Colombian claims he meant no harm, but that’s not gonna wash with mourning Brazilian fans – he’ll be forever remembered as the man who kicked Neymar out of the World Cup.
There were the usual gags and jokes that he’d be straight back, but no, this was for real: Ney has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae, and will not only miss the Germany semi-final, but a potential final.
It’s a huge personal blow for Neymar, who’d been having a fine tournament as he carried the weight of a country on his shoulders at just 22, but now even more so for Scolari and the country as a whole.
Without Neymar, do they stand a chance against Germany, with Hulk and Fred to rely on for goals?
For now, most importantly: get well soon Neymar, wishing you a speedy recovery.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...