HUGE Brazil Blow: Neymar is ruled out of the rest of the World Cup with fractured vertebrae
Wow, huge body blow for Brazil: their star man Neymar is out of the rest of the World Cup.
Neymar Junior was stretchered off after a knee to the back from Colombia’s Zuniga in Brazil’s World Cup quarter final win tonight, and was taken straight to hospital.
It was a pretty brutal and stealthy knee from Zuniga; the Colombian claims he meant no harm, but that’s not gonna wash with mourning Brazilian fans – he’ll be forever remembered as the man who kicked Neymar out of the World Cup.
There were the usual gags and jokes that he’d be straight back, but no, this was for real: Ney has been diagnosed with a fractured vertebrae, and will not only miss the Germany semi-final, but a potential final.
It’s a huge personal blow for Neymar, who’d been having a fine tournament as he carried the weight of a country on his shoulders at just 22, but now even more so for Scolari and the country as a whole.
Without Neymar, do they stand a chance against Germany, with Hulk and Fred to rely on for goals?
For now, most importantly: get well soon Neymar, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Watch Live Stream
- RIP Carlos Alberto: The football world pays their respects to Brazil legend [Tweets]October 25, 2016
- Willian & Gabriel Jesus score in Brazil’s 2-0 win over Venezuela (Videos)October 12, 2016
- Bolivia defender Yasmani Duk explains why he battered Neymar [AS]October 8, 2016
- Man City fans will absolutely love Gabriel Jesus’ latest goal for Brazil (official video)October 7, 2016
- Neymar Sr’s insane demands put PSG off buying Barcelona player in summer [L’Equipe]October 28, 2016
- Neymar upsets Luis Enrique on a trip to London [Sport]October 26, 2016
- Revealed: PSG agreed to pay Neymar’s €190m release clause but not his monster tax debt [L’Equipe]October 25, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016