- DONE DEAL! AC Milan legend Alessandro Nesta joins Indian side Chennaiyin FC
- Jose Mourinho: The Chelsea players are not getting tired!
- Ex-Miss Chile claims Arsenal’s Alexis Sanchez texted her behind his girlfriend’s back [Daily Mail]
- Brendan Rodgers: One moment could change Liverpool’s season [video]
- French side loses 20-0 after keeper leaves game to birth his cow, replaced by 61-year-old president
Howard Webb misses Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on Javi Garcia
Howard Webb is quite probably the most controversial high-profile referee in world football.
The ex-policeman remains an infamous figure in Spain for his lenient officiating in the 2010 World Cup final, not only failing to book Marc Van Bommel, but failing to send off Nigel De Jong for his notorious kung-fu kick on Xabi Alonso.
Webb now has another ‘Epic Miss’ to add to his collection, after inexplicably missing Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on prone Javi Garcia in Stoke’s FA Cup clash with Man City.
Get this: not only did he not send Whelan off, or even book him : Webb didn’t even blow for a foul!
Standing a mere five yards away, Howard Webb had a perfect view of the stamp, and how he allowed play to continue is simply beyond belief.
Watch Glenn Whelan’s horrific run-and-jump stamp on Javi Garcia, and Howard Webb’s momentary blindness on the clip below.
- Updated: January 26, 2013