Howard Webb misses Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on Javi Garcia
- January 26, 2013
Howard Webb is quite probably the most controversial high-profile referee in world football.
The ex-policeman remains an infamous figure in Spain for his lenient officiating in the 2010 World Cup final, not only failing to book Marc Van Bommel, but failing to send off Nigel De Jong for his notorious kung-fu kick on Xabi Alonso.
Webb now has another ‘Epic Miss’ to add to his collection, after inexplicably missing Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on prone Javi Garcia in Stoke’s FA Cup clash with Man City.
Get this: not only did he not send Whelan off, or even book him : Webb didn’t even blow for a foul!
Standing a mere five yards away, Howard Webb had a perfect view of the stamp, and how he allowed play to continue is simply beyond belief.
Watch Glenn Whelan’s horrific run-and-jump stamp on Javi Garcia, and Howard Webb’s momentary blindness on the clip below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...