Howard Webb misses Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on Javi Garcia
- January 26, 2013
Howard Webb is quite probably the most controversial high-profile referee in world football.
The ex-policeman remains an infamous figure in Spain for his lenient officiating in the 2010 World Cup final, not only failing to book Marc Van Bommel, but failing to send off Nigel De Jong for his notorious kung-fu kick on Xabi Alonso.
Webb now has another ‘Epic Miss’ to add to his collection, after inexplicably missing Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on prone Javi Garcia in Stoke’s FA Cup clash with Man City.
Get this: not only did he not send Whelan off, or even book him : Webb didn’t even blow for a foul!
Standing a mere five yards away, Howard Webb had a perfect view of the stamp, and how he allowed play to continue is simply beyond belief.
Watch Glenn Whelan’s horrific run-and-jump stamp on Javi Garcia, and Howard Webb’s momentary blindness on the clip below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi