Howard Webb misses Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on Javi Garcia
- January 26, 2013
Howard Webb is quite probably the most controversial high-profile referee in world football.
The ex-policeman remains an infamous figure in Spain for his lenient officiating in the 2010 World Cup final, not only failing to book Marc Van Bommel, but failing to send off Nigel De Jong for his notorious kung-fu kick on Xabi Alonso.
Webb now has another ‘Epic Miss’ to add to his collection, after inexplicably missing Glenn Whelan’s shocking run-and-jump two-footed stamp on prone Javi Garcia in Stoke’s FA Cup clash with Man City.
Get this: not only did he not send Whelan off, or even book him : Webb didn’t even blow for a foul!
Standing a mere five yards away, Howard Webb had a perfect view of the stamp, and how he allowed play to continue is simply beyond belief.
Watch Glenn Whelan’s horrific run-and-jump stamp on Javi Garcia, and Howard Webb’s momentary blindness on the clip below.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...