How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
- Pep Guardiola’s tactics at Bayern compared to Arsenal legend Herbert Chapman [Marca]
- Injured David Alaba celebrates Bayern’s 4-0 win over Olympiakos with a song (Video)
- Douglas Costa & Arjen Robben show off some amazing skills in Bayern’s warm up v Schalk...
- BT Sport produced an outrageous Bayern Munich statistic (Video)
- Werder Bremen’s Jannik Vestergaard scored a ridiculously good golazo in the warm up v Wolfs...
- Bas Dost scores a superb spinning backheel volley in Dutch training (Instagram Video)
- Brazilian striker Grafite is still angry Cristiano Ronaldo beat him to the 2009 Puskas Award (Vid...
- PSV Eindhoven v VfL Wolfsburg: Online Live Streaming video [HD]