How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
Watch Live Stream
- Rafinha & Javi Martinez take on Bayern Munich Christmas sweater challenge (Video)November 30, 2016
- Thomas Muller sings Silent Night with supporter during Bayern fan club visit (Video)November 28, 2016
- Bayern president tells Bastian Schweinsteiger to bleed Man United dry [ESPN]November 28, 2016
- Arjen Robben’s dream XI includes Chelsea heroes, an ex Man United striker & lots of Bayern starsNovember 28, 2016
- Memphis Depay could leave Manchester United for the Bundesliga in January [Bild]October 15, 2016
- Next time Julian Draxler is linked with Arsenal, remember this [Kicker]September 26, 2016
- Ricardo Rodriguez explains why he didn’t join Chelsea or Arsenal [Blick]September 11, 2016
- Spurs have told Wolfsburg their price for Heung-Min Son [Bild]September 6, 2016