How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
- September 30, 2013
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
- Mario Gotze scores his second for Germany v Poland (Video)
- Mario Götze scores great solo goal to put Germany 2-0 ahead v Poland (Video)
- Class: Bayern Munich to host training camps for refugees, offer meals & German cla...
- Thiago Alcantara publishes full documentary on year out with injury at Bayern (Video)
- Bayern boss Pep Guardiola gets frustrated with Arturo Vidal’s positional awarenes...
- Kingsley Coman unveiled as a Bayern player after completing €20m transfer from Juventus
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...