How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
- Robert Lewandowski v Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Stat comparison before Bayern v Borussi...
- Sunday Specials! Silly odds for Everton-Liverpool & Arsenal-Man United, Bayern pri...
- Owen Hargreaves backs one of his former clubs to win the Champions League (Video)
- Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund: Online Live Streaming video [HD]
- Man United’s U19s draw 1-1 with Wolfsburg in the UEFA Youth League (Video)
- How did they win? Man United crazy team sheet v Wolfsburg from 2009
- Man United captain Wayne Rooney destroyed on Twitter again after 2-1 win over Wolfsburg...
- Antonio Valencia panned on Twitter after Wolfsburg went 1-0 up at Man United