How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern Munich fan survives cancer and gets club crest painted on false eyeMay 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Pep Guardiola apologised for not winning Champions League in Bayern farewell speech (Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Confirmed: Mats Hummels signs on at Bayern until 2021 (Official Video)May 23rd, 2016
- Kevin De Bruyne’s dream 5-a-side team includes 3 Man City men & a Tottenham star (Video)April 27th, 2016
- Ex Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner released by Wolfsburg: Twitter reactsApril 25th, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s super hat-trick for Real Madrid v Wolfsburg recreated in FIFA 16 (Video)April 15th, 2016
- Horrible news for Wolfsburg’s Julian DraxlerApril 14th, 2016