How wasn’t he sent off: Bayern’s Bastian Schweinsteiger smacked Wolfsburg’s Diego on the back of the head
Wolfsburg’s Brazilian playmaker Diego was pissed.
He hit me in the back of the head. I felt a contact in my neck. That was surprising to me, I did not see him coming. I think everyone has seen the situation. Everyone should judge what they’ve seen. It is sometimes difficult to understand how referees think. I will try to accept that.
One of the big talking points of last weekend’s action in the Bundesliga was how Bayern Munich’s Bastian Schweinsteiger got away with smacking Diego around the back of the head.
Bayern secured a narrow victory over Wolfsburg courtesy of Thomas Muller’s second-half strike, but the Bavarians were fortunate to have still had 11 men on the field at that point after Schweinsteiger shoved Diego in the back of the head 26 minutes in.
Schweinsteiger received a yellow card for his bad behaviour, however pundits were in agreement on German TV that the Munich midfield general should have been red carded.
Watch footage of Bastian Schweinsteiger blatant assault on Diego below.
Watch Live Stream
- Bayern fans display a banner attacking Arjen Robben for his son training with 1860 MunichAugust 29, 2016
- Arsenal tried to sign Antoine Griezmann & Robert Lewandowski this summer [Sun]August 28, 2016
- Robert Lewandowski sends cheeky message to Pierre-Emerick AubameyangAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho trolls Bayern after saying Schweinsteiger first-team return is ‘not impossible’ (Video)August 26, 2016
- Julian Draxler could be playing for PSG when they face Arsenal in the Champions LeagueAugust 29, 2016
- If Heung-Min Son is being sold by Spurs to Wolfsburg, he knows nothing about it [Yonhap News]August 29, 2016
- PSG set for an enormous late bid for Wolfsburg’s Julian Draxler [Kicker]August 29, 2016
- Heung-Min Son may leave Spurs to join Wolfsburg [Bild]August 29, 2016