How was this not a penalty? Jack Robinson (England U21’s) brings down Italy’s Allesandro Florenzi
- June 5, 2013
With the scores at 0-0 late in the first half it seemed certain the referee in charge at the Under 21’s would give Italy a penalty against England.
Jack Robinson of Liverpool quite clearly brought down the Italian in the box but the referee let play continue.
Israel had earlier been awarded a controversial penalty against Norway, but hopefully refereeing will improve after the first day of the exciting Under 21 tournament.
Does anyone think this tackle wasn’t a penalty? Skip to 0:35 for replays of the incident:
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...