- Scenes! Bayern Munich’s amazing away fans partying in unison at Man City [Fan Cam]
- QUITTER! Roy Keane ‘relinquished his role’ as Aston Villa assistant manager
- Wenger on Arsenal injuries: Szczesny hasn’t trained, Arteta out, Sanogo ‘problems’ & Welbeck knock
- Why Lionel Messi’s records don’t really matter, it’s about the way he plays football [Ray Hudson Raw]
- FIFA & the Qatar World Cup bid are torn to shreds on Have I Got News for You [Official Video]
How was this not a penalty? Jack Robinson (England U21′s) brings down Italy’s Allesandro Florenzi
With the scores at 0-0 late in the first half it seemed certain the referee in charge at the Under 21′s would give Italy a penalty against England.
Jack Robinson of Liverpool quite clearly brought down the Italian in the box but the referee let play continue.
Israel had earlier been awarded a controversial penalty against Norway, but hopefully refereeing will improve after the first day of the exciting Under 21 tournament.
Does anyone think this tackle wasn’t a penalty? Skip to 0:35 for replays of the incident:
- Updated: June 5, 2013