How was this not a penalty? Jack Robinson (England U21’s) brings down Italy’s Allesandro Florenzi
- June 5, 2013
With the scores at 0-0 late in the first half it seemed certain the referee in charge at the Under 21’s would give Italy a penalty against England.
Jack Robinson of Liverpool quite clearly brought down the Italian in the box but the referee let play continue.
Israel had earlier been awarded a controversial penalty against Norway, but hopefully refereeing will improve after the first day of the exciting Under 21 tournament.
Does anyone think this tackle wasn’t a penalty? Skip to 0:35 for replays of the incident:
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi