- Ludogorets’ late equalizer against Liverpool gave Phil Thompson a migraine [Vine]
- Per Mertesacker post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘It was a mental test, and we were absolutely solid’
- Oxlade-Chamberlain post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘I’m delighted for Yaya Sanogo’ [Video]
- Wenger post Arsenal 2 – Dortmund 0: ‘Alexis Sanchez has unbelievable fighting spirit’ [Video]
- Rickie Lambert post Ludogorets 2 – Liverpool 2: ‘We answered some critics tonight’ [Video]
How was Maynor Figueroa’s handball missed by the officials as Wigan beat Newcastle?
So Maradona has been teaching Figueroa a few lessons I see #Shocking
— Ryan Taylor (@TaylorR1984) March 17, 2013
— Ian McGarry (@garbosj) March 17, 2013
How does Wigan’s Maynor Figueroa keep getting away with blatant handballs?
Newcastle must have believed they were cursed at the DW Stadium on Sunday as, after McManaman’s got away scott-free after his abysmal tackle on Haidara, the Latics bagged a last-minute winner courtesy of Aruna Kone’s injury time strike.
Kone’s goal should never have stood.
As Wigan turfed the ball into the mixer in a final roll of the dice, Honduran international Figueroa flicked the ball further into the box with his hand. The officials completely missed the palmed assist, and moments later the Latics had scooped up a vital three points in their bid to beat the drop.
Figueroa has previous when it comes to getting away with handballs.
Last season Figueroa got away with two crazy handballs against the Manchester clubs, as the defender saved a Phil Jones shot during a crucial 1-0 Wigan win at the backend of last season while against City Figueroa avoided a dismissal after he was seen playing basketball on the halfway line.
A GIF of Maynor Figueroa’s handball against Newcastle can be seen below.
- Updated: March 18, 2013