How was Marko Marin not sent off for shocking challenge on Stephane M’Bia?
- January 2, 2013
The opening minutes of Chelsea’s west London derby clash with QPR featured a straight forward decision for referee Lee Mason and even Blues fans will say with the video evidence below that Marko Marin should have been sent off.
The German winger has barely played for Chelsea this season and seemed extremely fired up early on as he lost control of the ball.
Marin then flew into Stephane M’Bia with a tackle that was so high it had to be red. Tony Gale on the international commentary called it as a clear sending off.
Quite how Chelsea v QPR would have panned out if Marin would have received his marching orders, we can only guess now.
Harry Redknapp and QPR will likely be fuming if Chelsea go on to win.
Video of Marko Marin’s x-rated tackle on Stephane M’Bia is below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]