How was Marko Marin not sent off for shocking challenge on Stephane M’Bia?
- January 2, 2013
The opening minutes of Chelsea’s west London derby clash with QPR featured a straight forward decision for referee Lee Mason and even Blues fans will say with the video evidence below that Marko Marin should have been sent off.
The German winger has barely played for Chelsea this season and seemed extremely fired up early on as he lost control of the ball.
Marin then flew into Stephane M’Bia with a tackle that was so high it had to be red. Tony Gale on the international commentary called it as a clear sending off.
Quite how Chelsea v QPR would have panned out if Marin would have received his marching orders, we can only guess now.
Harry Redknapp and QPR will likely be fuming if Chelsea go on to win.
Video of Marko Marin’s x-rated tackle on Stephane M’Bia is below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...