How Real Madrid, Marca, Daniel Levy & Adidas announced the Gareth Bale signing
- September 1, 2013
How do you announce a world record transfer?
(That’s if you believe the English version of events which places the fee for Gareth Bale at 100 million euros. In Spain, they are still claiming it was less than what Real Madrid paid for Gareth Bale.)
All the big players knew it was coming, so it gave us an intriguing look at how to announce the Gareth Bale signing from Real Madrid to Spurs.
First off, Real Madrid announced their Galactico signing with plenty of Gareth Bale shots in Wales kit.
Then came Marca, with a front page screen they must have been waiting to use for some time.
Via the Spurs social channels and official website we got a message from chairman Daniel Levy.
And, through Adidas, major players in this transfer as they sponsor both Real Madrid and Gareth Bale, we got that celebration.
A host of screenshots below.
- Incredible bicycle kick assist & bicycle kick goal scored by James Island Boys Soc...
- Chilean Mauricio Pinilla (Atalanta) ridiculous overhead kick golazo v Cesena [Video]
- Chelsea away fans chant ‘boring boring Chelsea’ at 3-1 up v Leicester City ...
- Philippe Mexes stunning thunderbolt golazo for AC Milan v Genoa [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s horribly jealous reaction to Alvaro Arbeloa’s goal for ...
- Ex Man United man Diego Forlan nets hat-trick in Japan including 40 yard free kick [Video]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...