How Real Madrid, Marca, Daniel Levy & Adidas announced the Gareth Bale signing
How do you announce a world record transfer?
(That’s if you believe the English version of events which places the fee for Gareth Bale at 100 million euros. In Spain, they are still claiming it was less than what Real Madrid paid for Gareth Bale.)
All the big players knew it was coming, so it gave us an intriguing look at how to announce the Gareth Bale signing from Real Madrid to Spurs.
First off, Real Madrid announced their Galactico signing with plenty of Gareth Bale shots in Wales kit.
Then came Marca, with a front page screen they must have been waiting to use for some time.
Via the Spurs social channels and official website we got a message from chairman Daniel Levy.
And, through Adidas, major players in this transfer as they sponsor both Real Madrid and Gareth Bale, we got that celebration.
A host of screenshots below.
- Incredible bicycle kick assist & bicycle kick goal scored by James Island Boys Soccer Team [...
- Chilean Mauricio Pinilla (Atalanta) ridiculous overhead kick golazo v Cesena [Video]
- Chelsea away fans chant ‘boring boring Chelsea’ at 3-1 up v Leicester City [Video]
- Philippe Mexes stunning thunderbolt golazo for AC Milan v Genoa [Video]
- Marca label Gareth Bale’s role at Real Madrid as ‘inconsequential’ in a brutal ...
- Manchester United on alert over Gareth Bale after Real Madrid’s Clasico shocker [Sun]
- Gareth Bale & Karim Benzema got hammered in Sport’s player ratings for El Clasico [Gra...
- Gareth Bale or Cristiano Ronaldo? Who should Man United sign? (Fletch & Sav video)
- Marco Materazzi takes a dig at Rafa Benitez, saying he can’t handle ‘strong character...
- Real Madrid legend attacks Barca’s Dani Alves on TV for his Cristiano Ronaldo comments (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]
- Patrice Evra tells BBC Radio Fergie was ‘99% sure’ of Cristiano Ronaldo’s Man U...