How good was Phil Jones in midfield during United’s win over Arsenal! [Individual Highlights]
“I’m happy with my own form. I’m pleased to be getting a bit of a run at centre-half. It’s always nice to play in the position you feel most comfortable in. I played in midfield against Norwich in the Capital One Cup, but mostly it has been centre-back and that’s where I want to be. When I came, it was always the plan to establish myself as a centre-back and I hope to do it this season. If the manager keeps faith in me, I’ll make sure I can cement a spot there and get a good run there.” – Phil Jones.
Michael Carrick’s achilles injury could well open up a spot in the Manchester United midfield and with Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley struggling to hit top form, it would be time for more Phil Jones in midfield.
The former Blackburn defender appears to be more keen on playing in defence (see quote above) and was also brilliant when moved further back due to Nemanja Vidic’s injury.
Perhaps Phil Jones will remain a “Jack of all trades” for sometime as he was seriously good in midfield for Manchester United in the first half of their win over Arsenal.
Check out the excellent video below…
- PSV Eindhoven fans wish Luke Shaw well with banner for Man United game [Picture]
- Louis van Gaal discusses Anthony Martial’s likely participation v PSV (Video)
- Ryan Shawcross talks about squabble with Robin van Persie and his time at Man United (Video)
- Sir Alex Ferguson is on a mission to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Man United [Marca]
- Phil Jones and Raheem Sterling speak about tough tests against Spain and France (Video)
- Man United’s Phil Jones took a pounding of abuse during the first half v CSKA Moscow [Tweets]
- Phil Jones posts Instagram fan footage video of Ander Herrera penalty v Liverpool
- Man United fan slams Phil Jones & Daley Blind at CB after 2-0 defeat to PSG (Video)