- WTF?! Atletico Madrid’s Arda Turan booked for throwing his boot at linesman [Video]
- Stoke assistant Mark Bowen admits interest in Barcelona youngsters like Adama Traore after Bojan injury
- Incredible! Fernando Torres scored after 38 seconds for Atletico v Barcelona [Video & Graphic]
- Golazo! Real Valladolid striker Jonathan Pereira scores Bergkamp-esque goal against Mallorca [Vine]
- Gabriel gives his first interview since becoming an Arsenal player [Video]
How good was Phil Jones in midfield during United’s win over Arsenal! [Individual Highlights]
“I’m happy with my own form. I’m pleased to be getting a bit of a run at centre-half. It’s always nice to play in the position you feel most comfortable in. I played in midfield against Norwich in the Capital One Cup, but mostly it has been centre-back and that’s where I want to be. When I came, it was always the plan to establish myself as a centre-back and I hope to do it this season. If the manager keeps faith in me, I’ll make sure I can cement a spot there and get a good run there.” – Phil Jones.
Michael Carrick’s achilles injury could well open up a spot in the Manchester United midfield and with Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley struggling to hit top form, it would be time for more Phil Jones in midfield.
The former Blackburn defender appears to be more keen on playing in defence (see quote above) and was also brilliant when moved further back due to Nemanja Vidic’s injury.
Perhaps Phil Jones will remain a “Jack of all trades” for sometime as he was seriously good in midfield for Manchester United in the first half of their win over Arsenal.
Check out the excellent video below…
- Updated: November 13, 2013