How good was Phil Jones in midfield during United’s win over Arsenal! [Individual Highlights]
“I’m happy with my own form. I’m pleased to be getting a bit of a run at centre-half. It’s always nice to play in the position you feel most comfortable in. I played in midfield against Norwich in the Capital One Cup, but mostly it has been centre-back and that’s where I want to be. When I came, it was always the plan to establish myself as a centre-back and I hope to do it this season. If the manager keeps faith in me, I’ll make sure I can cement a spot there and get a good run there.” – Phil Jones.
Michael Carrick’s achilles injury could well open up a spot in the Manchester United midfield and with Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley struggling to hit top form, it would be time for more Phil Jones in midfield.
The former Blackburn defender appears to be more keen on playing in defence (see quote above) and was also brilliant when moved further back due to Nemanja Vidic’s injury.
Perhaps Phil Jones will remain a “Jack of all trades” for sometime as he was seriously good in midfield for Manchester United in the first half of their win over Arsenal.
Check out the excellent video below…
Watch Live Stream
- Mauricio Pochettino was Man United’s first choice boss ahead of Jose Mourinho [BBC Audio]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- ‘Bad challenge’ : Man United’s Luke Shaw speaks for first time about Hector Moreno’s tackle on himAugust 27, 2016
- Jose Mourinho reiterates how ‘amazing’ he thinks Marcus Rashford is, promises game time [Quotes]August 27, 2016
- Man United boss Jose Mourinho spurns Arsenal interest in Phil Jones [Telegraph]August 23, 2016
- Phil Jones discusses his Man United career so far & his future ambitions (Video)August 19, 2016
- Updates on the potential departures of Man United duo Phil Jones and Marcos Rojo [Duncan Castles]August 3, 2016
- Man United fans slam Phil Jones & Memphis Depay after woeful displays v Dortmund [Tweets]July 22, 2016