How good was Phil Jones in midfield during United’s win over Arsenal! [Individual Highlights]
- November 13, 2013
“I’m happy with my own form. I’m pleased to be getting a bit of a run at centre-half. It’s always nice to play in the position you feel most comfortable in. I played in midfield against Norwich in the Capital One Cup, but mostly it has been centre-back and that’s where I want to be. When I came, it was always the plan to establish myself as a centre-back and I hope to do it this season. If the manager keeps faith in me, I’ll make sure I can cement a spot there and get a good run there.” – Phil Jones.
Michael Carrick’s achilles injury could well open up a spot in the Manchester United midfield and with Marouane Fellaini and Tom Cleverley struggling to hit top form, it would be time for more Phil Jones in midfield.
The former Blackburn defender appears to be more keen on playing in defence (see quote above) and was also brilliant when moved further back due to Nemanja Vidic’s injury.
Perhaps Phil Jones will remain a “Jack of all trades” for sometime as he was seriously good in midfield for Manchester United in the first half of their win over Arsenal.
Check out the excellent video below…
- Man United star Angel Di Maria says he wants to win the Champions League with PSG after...
- Louis Van Gaal offers Barcelona’s Pedro starring role in terrifying front three f...
- Barcelona want to hang on to Man United bound Pedro until European Super Cup
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Why Man United fans should not be upset with PSG bound Angel Di Maria [Opinion]
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi