How Gareth Bale made Rayo Vallecano defender Anaitz Arbilla cry [The full story video]
Gareth Bale famously beat Maicon so many times over two games in the Champions League that Spurs fans were calling “Taxi” for the Brazilian defender.
Maicon has not been alone over the past years but the first Spanish defender to taste this sort of medicine, following Bale’s arrival is Rayo Vallecano full back Anaitz Arbilla.
On Sunday, we brought you Bale’s individual highlights against Rayo Vallecano and how Arbilla could be seen shedding tears when hauled off early in the first half.
Now a video has emerged neatly placing all the pieces of the jigsaw together, to show how Bale set up two goals by leaving Arbilla for dead.
And, then the sad scenes on the bench as Arbilla had to be consoled by Rayo Vallecano players and coaching staff.
Watch Live Stream
- Gareth Bale’s injury is much worse than Real Madrid first anticipated [AS]December 1, 2016
- Two footballers included in shortlist for 2016 BBC Sports Personality of the Year awardNovember 28, 2016
- How will Real Madrid cope without Gareth Bale? There are three optionsNovember 24, 2016
- Bad news for Real Madrid & Gareth Bale [AS]November 24, 2016
- Done Deal: Leicester sign 18-year-old striker Raul Uche RubioJune 30, 2016
- Rayo Vallecano boss Paco Jemez couldn’t hold back tears after La Liga relegation (Video)May 17, 2016
- Atletico Madrid 1 – Rayo Vallecano 0: Antoine Griezmann scores the winner (Official highlights)April 30, 2016
- Diego Simeone’s crafty plan gets around his Atletico touchline ban v Rayo VallecanoApril 30, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Martin Odegaard needs to be applauded for his financial ethicsDecember 4, 2016
- Barcelona 1 – Real Madrid 1: Sergio Ramos scores late in El Clasico (Official highlights)December 4, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal apologises for swearing at Barcelona fansDecember 3, 2016
- The Leo Messi-Cristiano Ronaldo handshake pre El Clasico was a little awkwardDecember 3, 2016