- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
How?! FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen [Vine]
Quincy Promes, FC Twente’s brilliantly named 22-year-old midfielder, fluffed an incredible chance to score against Heerenveen on Wednesday night.
Twente looked certain to make the Heerenveen goal bulge when a cross from the right perfectly picked out 22-year-old Promes standing in front of a virtually empty net.
The cross was so good all Twente’s #24 needed to do was steer a simple volley in the onion bag, but the player skewed his effort over the bar as he missed a golden opportunity.
In the end Promes’ miss didn’t matter though, as Twente recorded a 2-0 away win to go second in the Eredivisie.
See how FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen below.
- Updated: February 6, 2014