How?! FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen [Vine]
Quincy Promes, FC Twente’s brilliantly named 22-year-old midfielder, fluffed an incredible chance to score against Heerenveen on Wednesday night.
Twente looked certain to make the Heerenveen goal bulge when a cross from the right perfectly picked out 22-year-old Promes standing in front of a virtually empty net.
The cross was so good all Twente’s #24 needed to do was steer a simple volley in the onion bag, but the player skewed his effort over the bar as he missed a golden opportunity.
In the end Promes’ miss didn’t matter though, as Twente recorded a 2-0 away win to go second in the Eredivisie.
See how FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen below.
Watch Live Stream
- Brussels bomber Khalid El Bakraoui used ID of ex-Inter & Twente player Ibrahim Maaroufi [GdS]March 29th, 2016
- Eljero Elia, part of Feyenoord side that routs Twente 5-0, later Tweets apologyNovember 23rd, 2015
- FC Twente’s Hakim Ziyech painfully screws up his goal celebration v PSV (Video)October 24th, 2015
- Ajax teenager Riechedly Bazoer had to hold himself back from punching Twente’s Jerson Cabra...September 13th, 2015
- Diego Costa jokingly throws a punch at Chelsea physio during 1-0 win over Man United [Pics &...April 20th, 2015
- Celta Vigo striker Joaquín Larrivey booked for the worst dive ever v Eibar [GIF]April 20th, 2015
- WTF! Hilarious own goal from Greek League match after ball hits both posts [Video]October 29th, 2014
- Harry Redknapp says QPR’s Sandro injured his knee celebrating a goal in training [Best tweets]September 23rd, 2014