- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
- Flashback Friday! Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips combine to help Sunderland thump Chelsea [Video]
- Fight! River celebrate at the final whistle while Boca players clash with pitch-invading fans [Video]
How?! FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen [Vine]
Quincy Promes, FC Twente’s brilliantly named 22-year-old midfielder, fluffed an incredible chance to score against Heerenveen on Wednesday night.
Twente looked certain to make the Heerenveen goal bulge when a cross from the right perfectly picked out 22-year-old Promes standing in front of a virtually empty net.
The cross was so good all Twente’s #24 needed to do was steer a simple volley in the onion bag, but the player skewed his effort over the bar as he missed a golden opportunity.
In the end Promes’ miss didn’t matter though, as Twente recorded a 2-0 away win to go second in the Eredivisie.
See how FC Twente’s Quincy Promes missed an absolute sitter against Heerenveen below.
- Updated: February 6, 2014