How didn’t the linesman spot Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara?
- March 18, 2013
“I thought it was a bad challenge and I was 60 yards away from the incident. I’m disappointed for our team and Wigan for the way it was conducted.” – Newcastle boss Alan Pardew.
Every time you see Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara it gets worse and worse.
The fact referee Mark Halsey missed the incident, a fact he confirmed to Newcastle boss Alan Pardew at half-time, has already been laboured over. (See second picture below.)
But, new pictoral evidence has emerged which makes you wonder how linesman Matthew Wilkes missed the horror show from the Wigan man on the Newcastle full back.
We await the retrospective action from the Premier League. After all, Nice’s Valentin Eysseric received an 11-game ban for a horror tackle on St Etienne’s Jeremy Clement.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...