How didn’t the linesman spot Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara?
- March 18, 2013
“I thought it was a bad challenge and I was 60 yards away from the incident. I’m disappointed for our team and Wigan for the way it was conducted.” – Newcastle boss Alan Pardew.
Every time you see Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara it gets worse and worse.
The fact referee Mark Halsey missed the incident, a fact he confirmed to Newcastle boss Alan Pardew at half-time, has already been laboured over. (See second picture below.)
But, new pictoral evidence has emerged which makes you wonder how linesman Matthew Wilkes missed the horror show from the Wigan man on the Newcastle full back.
We await the retrospective action from the Premier League. After all, Nice’s Valentin Eysseric received an 11-game ban for a horror tackle on St Etienne’s Jeremy Clement.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi