How didn’t the linesman spot Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara?
- March 18, 2013
“I thought it was a bad challenge and I was 60 yards away from the incident. I’m disappointed for our team and Wigan for the way it was conducted.” – Newcastle boss Alan Pardew.
Every time you see Callum McManaman’s horror challenge on Massadiao Haidara it gets worse and worse.
The fact referee Mark Halsey missed the incident, a fact he confirmed to Newcastle boss Alan Pardew at half-time, has already been laboured over. (See second picture below.)
But, new pictoral evidence has emerged which makes you wonder how linesman Matthew Wilkes missed the horror show from the Wigan man on the Newcastle full back.
We await the retrospective action from the Premier League. After all, Nice’s Valentin Eysseric received an 11-game ban for a horror tackle on St Etienne’s Jeremy Clement.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...