- Eriksen & Pochettino: Partizan match is a “must win” for Spurs [video]
- Mundo Deportivo list 10 reasons why Barcelona star Leo Messi should win Ballon d’Or
- Yaya Sanogo dedicates Arsenal goal v Dortmund to “you Gooners!!!”
- Sao Paulo missed 3 penalties in shoot-out v Atletico Nacional: Only keeper Rogerio Ceni scored!
- Arsenal fan wants Arsene Wenger out despite impressive 2-0 win over Dortmund [Video]
How did you miss?! Joe Allen blew the chance to earn Liverpool victory in the Merseyside derby at Everton
Liverpool’s Joe Allen may find it hard to fall asleep on Saturday night.
Allen missed the chance of a lifetime to write his name into the annals of the Merseyside derby when the Liverpool midfielder missed a golden opportunity to fire the Reds 3-1 up at Everton.
After a lovely piece of set up play from Luis Suarez, Allen only need to aim his shot on target and LIverpool would have opened up a 2-goal cushion on their city rivals. But Allen missed, skewing his shot wide of the Everton upright, and Liverpool’s best chance of putting the game to bed evaporated into think air.
Watch Joe Allen’s poor miss in the Merseyside derby below.
- Updated: November 23, 2013