How did you miss?! Joe Allen blew the chance to earn Liverpool victory in the Merseyside derby at Everton
Liverpool’s Joe Allen may find it hard to fall asleep on Saturday night.
Allen missed the chance of a lifetime to write his name into the annals of the Merseyside derby when the Liverpool midfielder missed a golden opportunity to fire the Reds 3-1 up at Everton.
After a lovely piece of set up play from Luis Suarez, Allen only need to aim his shot on target and LIverpool would have opened up a 2-goal cushion on their city rivals. But Allen missed, skewing his shot wide of the Everton upright, and Liverpool’s best chance of putting the game to bed evaporated into think air.
Watch Joe Allen’s poor miss in the Merseyside derby below.
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Allen on the brutal way he learned about his move from Liverpool to Stoke [Telegraph]August 19, 2016
- New Stoke signing Joe Allen gives first interview since joining from Liverpool (Video)July 25, 2016
- Updates in Joe Allen’s move from Liverpool to Stoke [Echo]July 25, 2016
- Liverpool accept £13m bid from Stoke for Joe Allen [SSN]July 20, 2016
- Danny Ings scores a fine diving header for Liverpool U23s v Sunderland (Video)September 25, 2016
- Looks like Liverpool keeper Loris Karius takes after Bayern Munich’s Manuel NeuerSeptember 25, 2016
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp will be a special pundit on Monday Night FootballSeptember 25, 2016
- Bayern Munich want to sign Liverpool’s star asset [Express]September 25, 2016