How did you miss?! Joe Allen blew the chance to earn Liverpool victory in the Merseyside derby at Everton
Liverpool’s Joe Allen may find it hard to fall asleep on Saturday night.
Allen missed the chance of a lifetime to write his name into the annals of the Merseyside derby when the Liverpool midfielder missed a golden opportunity to fire the Reds 3-1 up at Everton.
After a lovely piece of set up play from Luis Suarez, Allen only need to aim his shot on target and LIverpool would have opened up a 2-goal cushion on their city rivals. But Allen missed, skewing his shot wide of the Everton upright, and Liverpool’s best chance of putting the game to bed evaporated into think air.
Watch Joe Allen’s poor miss in the Merseyside derby below.
Watch Live Stream
- Joe Allen says it was tough for him to score against Man United (video)October 9, 2016
- Golazo: Joe Allen scores cracker from outside the box for Wales v Austria (Video)October 6, 2016
- Liverpool fans celebrate Joe Allen after Man United draw 1-1; Paul Pogba mocked [Best Tweets]October 2, 2016
- Ander Herrera should’ve been sent off for a horrible tackle during Man United v Stoke [Tweets]October 2, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson praises Arsenal youngster; gives thoughts on title raceOctober 27, 2016
- 6.5ft 15-year-old Bury starlet Emeka Obi confirms he has signed for LiverpoolOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher Trolls Jose Mourinho after Man United winOctober 27, 2016
- Liverpool’s predicted line-up for the Crystal Palace match (Videos)October 27, 2016