How Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United & Man City’s second strings compare [The Times Graphic]
Following the conclusion of the fourth round of the Capital One Cup, football watchers have got a better understanding of the qualities tucked away in the squads of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Man City.
The Times, in an article from Rory Smith on how “Arsenal could be out of their depth”, have compiled a list of the fringe players at four of the biggest clubs in the Premier League in order to illustrate what the second elevens at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Eastlands look like.
The exercise just seemed to confirm what many fans knew already.
Chelsea, have spent a bucketload of money in the summer, look to have the strongest squad options in England, with the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Juan Mata, Willian and Samuel Eto’o all considered “second stringers”.
By comparison, Arsenal’s second XI includes relatively untested youngester Isaac Hayden and Serge Gnabry, while Nicklas Bendtner is listed in the Gunners attack.
The Times’ graphic into how Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United & Man City’s second strings compare is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Lucas Perez gives ITK update on Mesut Özil’s Arsenal contract situation to Onda Cero (Audio)October 21, 2016
- Mike Dean V Arsenal – How The Gunners really fare?October 21, 2016
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger discusses Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil’s contracts (Video)October 21, 2016
- Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere (Bournemouth) tops table for Premier League passing accuracyOctober 21, 2016
- Jose Mourinho told Howard Webb that ‘The Man’ was going to fire him back in 2007 (Video)October 21, 2016
- Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois suffers untimely fail in Twitter Bantz with Michy BatshuayiOctober 21, 2016
- Manchester United have a horrific record away at Chelsea since 2002 [Graphic]October 21, 2016
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho rules out third spell at Chelsea (Video)October 21, 2016
- Tim Sherwood thinks Manchester City could buy Michael Carrick in January (Video)October 22, 2016
- The Mirror completely twist Pep Guardiola’s words about Sergio Aguero (Backpage & Video)October 21, 2016
- Pep Guardiola’s decision to drop Sergio Aguero at Barça wasn’t purely tactical [Graham Hunter]October 21, 2016
- Too tired: Man City star Kevin De Bruyne refuses to sign autographs for fans (video)October 21, 2016