How Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United & Man City’s second strings compare [The Times Graphic]
Following the conclusion of the fourth round of the Capital One Cup, football watchers have got a better understanding of the qualities tucked away in the squads of Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Man City.
The Times, in an article from Rory Smith on how “Arsenal could be out of their depth”, have compiled a list of the fringe players at four of the biggest clubs in the Premier League in order to illustrate what the second elevens at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and Eastlands look like.
The exercise just seemed to confirm what many fans knew already.
Chelsea, have spent a bucketload of money in the summer, look to have the strongest squad options in England, with the likes of Kevin de Bruyne, Juan Mata, Willian and Samuel Eto’o all considered “second stringers”.
By comparison, Arsenal’s second XI includes relatively untested youngester Isaac Hayden and Serge Gnabry, while Nicklas Bendtner is listed in the Gunners attack.
The Times’ graphic into how Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United & Man City’s second strings compare is below.
Watch Live Stream
- Some Arsenal fans are still angry after the Watford win (Videos)August 27, 2016
- The quadruple is on: Gooners celebrate after the Watford win (Arsenal Fan TV Videos)August 27, 2016
- Watford’s Walter Mazzarri produces brilliant line on Arsenal trioAugust 27, 2016
- Arsenal boss confirms Lucas Perez and Shkodran Mustafi have been signed (Video)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea’s John Terry has bad news for England [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Eden Hazard & Antonio Conte interviews after Chelsea beat Burnley (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Chelsea fans boast about how good their side were against Burnley (Video)August 27, 2016
- Done Deal: AC Milan sign a Chelsea midfielder on loanAugust 27, 2016
- Man City keeper Joe Hart a target for several Serie A clubs [Sunday Times]August 27, 2016
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic top FPL GW3 captain above Sergio Aguero. Mavericks pick Chelsea starAugust 27, 2016
- Pep Guardiola says Joe Hart is not even guaranteed to be Man City’s Number 2 Keeper [Papers]August 26, 2016
- Liverpool have no interest in signing Manchester City’s Joe Hart [Echo]August 26, 2016