Hothead! Portugal’s Raul Meireles sticks middle fingers up at ref after Pepe red card [Picture]
- June 16, 2014
Portugal midfielder Raul Meireles can be considered a lucky man after avoiding immediate punishment for sticking his middle fingers up at the referee.
Meireles made the offensive gestures after teammate Pepe was sent off for violent conduct against Thomas Muller.
The red card for Pepe was arguably the right decision but Meireles was blinded by anger with his team then two goals down and also reduced to 10 men.
This is the fourth international tournament that Meireles has been to with Portugal and they’ll need their experienced midfielder to keep his cool as their team battle to restore pride.
Watch Live Stream
- Gigi Buffon’s perfect reaction when Italy fans booed the German anthem (Video)November 16, 2016
- Thomas Muller continues his feud v San Marino on FacebookNovember 16, 2016
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen responds to racist tweet about Barcelona teammate Samuel UmtitiNovember 15, 2016
- Arsenal’s Shkodran Mustafi pulls off brilliant touch in Germany training (video)November 15, 2016
- Zinedine Zidane on three-man shortlist for FIFA men’s Coach of the Year awardDecember 2, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo on crying at the Euro 2016 final & how France were ‘six times’ better than Portugal [France Football]November 22, 2016
- Lip readers weren’t needed to decipher Cristiano Ronaldo’s reaction to penalty missNovember 14, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo scores two goals for Portugal (Videos)November 13, 2016