Hothead! Portugal’s Raul Meireles sticks middle fingers up at ref after Pepe red card [Picture]
- June 16, 2014
Portugal midfielder Raul Meireles can be considered a lucky man after avoiding immediate punishment for sticking his middle fingers up at the referee.
Meireles made the offensive gestures after teammate Pepe was sent off for violent conduct against Thomas Muller.
The red card for Pepe was arguably the right decision but Meireles was blinded by anger with his team then two goals down and also reduced to 10 men.
This is the fourth international tournament that Meireles has been to with Portugal and they’ll need their experienced midfielder to keep his cool as their team battle to restore pride.
- Arsenal star Mesut Ozil pays for 11 more operations for sick Brazilian children [Quotes]
- Amazing: Bayern Munich’s Thomas Muller trolls Brazil a year on from the 7-1 defea...
- England’s Steph Houghton made an amazing overhead-kick goalline clearance v Germa...
- Classic Clip: Brazil legend Pele nutmegs one of the best defenders ever, Franz Beckenba...
- Germany U21 boss: Liverpool assured me that Emre Can will assume Steven Gerrard’s...
- Germany boss Joachim Löw was literally filing his nails during 7-0 win v Gibraltar [GIF]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi