Hothead! Portugal’s Raul Meireles sticks middle fingers up at ref after Pepe red card [Picture]
- June 16, 2014
Portugal midfielder Raul Meireles can be considered a lucky man after avoiding immediate punishment for sticking his middle fingers up at the referee.
Meireles made the offensive gestures after teammate Pepe was sent off for violent conduct against Thomas Muller.
The red card for Pepe was arguably the right decision but Meireles was blinded by anger with his team then two goals down and also reduced to 10 men.
This is the fourth international tournament that Meireles has been to with Portugal and they’ll need their experienced midfielder to keep his cool as their team battle to restore pride.
Watch Live Stream
- Germany’s Robert Bauer apologises for trolling Brazil after losing at the OlympicsAugust 21, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski retires from German National Team, teammates pay tribute [Tweets]August 15, 2016
- Thierry Henry-esque: Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scores yet again as Germany win 4-0 (Video)August 13, 2016
- Arsenal’s Serge Gnabry scored twice for Germany in a 10-0 win v Fiji (Video)August 11, 2016
- Pepe the Ballon d’Or contender? Cristiano Ronaldo praises defender for ‘extraordinary year’August 24, 2016
- Real Madrid make Portugal star Joao Mario their big transfer target [AS]August 4, 2016
- New footage shows France’s Hugo Lloris injured himself just before Eder’s Portugal winner (Video)July 30, 2016
- Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo set to open new boutique hotels [Forbes]July 15, 2016