Hothead! Portugal’s Raul Meireles sticks middle fingers up at ref after Pepe red card [Picture]
- June 16, 2014
Portugal midfielder Raul Meireles can be considered a lucky man after avoiding immediate punishment for sticking his middle fingers up at the referee.
Meireles made the offensive gestures after teammate Pepe was sent off for violent conduct against Thomas Muller.
The red card for Pepe was arguably the right decision but Meireles was blinded by anger with his team then two goals down and also reduced to 10 men.
This is the fourth international tournament that Meireles has been to with Portugal and they’ll need their experienced midfielder to keep his cool as their team battle to restore pride.
Watch Live Stream
- Exclusive interview with Arsenal’s Shkodran MustafiOctober 17, 2016
- Former German international Tim Wiese shows off his WWE skills in the ring (Videos)October 13, 2016
- Julian Draxler scores as Germany pick off Northern Ireland in first-half (Video)October 11, 2016
- Exclusive: Per Mertesacker Interview with 101 Great GoalsOctober 9, 2016
- Barcelona legend Eric Abidal says that Cristiano Ronaldo is a burden for Portugal [Grup 14]October 21, 2016
- Here’s the other angle of Cristiano Ronaldo’s selfie with the Portugal fanOctober 11, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo has selfie with fan during Portugal’s win (Video)October 10, 2016
- Andre Silva scores first half hat-trick as Portugal destroy Faroe Islands (Videos & Tweets)October 10, 2016