Horrific Homicide: An English coach for the New York Red Bulls is brutally murdered in the Big Apple
- October 9, 2012
Soccer rarely gets onto the front page of America news outlets, but the murder of a coach from the New York Red Bulls has bucked that trend for all the wrong reasons.
Mike Jones, a 25-year-old Lancastrian who had been a coach with the Youth Training Programme of the New York Red Bulls for the past five years, was savagely attacked and killed in Manhattan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to the BBC:
Mr Jones had spent the evening with his girlfriend and they had parted just before midnight. His body was found on the pavement and he had been stabbed in the neck and chest. Witnesses said he had been arguing with a man but it is unclear whether Mr Jones knew his attacker. The NYPD spokesman confirmed a “homicide investigation” was under way.
Footage of the alleged assailant has now been released by television stations in New York, and the man-hunt is now on to find a 25/30 year-old Hispanic man with a ponytail.
No motive for the killing has yet been made public.
Our thoughts go out to Mike Jones’ family and friends.
A report from ABC news into the murder can be seen below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”242963″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi