Horrific Homicide: An English coach for the New York Red Bulls is brutally murdered in the Big Apple
- October 9, 2012
Soccer rarely gets onto the front page of America news outlets, but the murder of a coach from the New York Red Bulls has bucked that trend for all the wrong reasons.
Mike Jones, a 25-year-old Lancastrian who had been a coach with the Youth Training Programme of the New York Red Bulls for the past five years, was savagely attacked and killed in Manhattan in the early hours of Sunday morning.
According to the BBC:
Mr Jones had spent the evening with his girlfriend and they had parted just before midnight. His body was found on the pavement and he had been stabbed in the neck and chest. Witnesses said he had been arguing with a man but it is unclear whether Mr Jones knew his attacker. The NYPD spokesman confirmed a “homicide investigation” was under way.
Footage of the alleged assailant has now been released by television stations in New York, and the man-hunt is now on to find a 25/30 year-old Hispanic man with a ponytail.
No motive for the killing has yet been made public.
Our thoughts go out to Mike Jones’ family and friends.
A report from ABC news into the murder can be seen below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”242963″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...