- Cristiano Ronaldo has set a new trophy record during his Man United & Real Madrid career [Graphic]
- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
Honduras hacked the crap out of Neymar as the Barca star was beaten up in Brazil’s friendly
@lfcdel If Neymar got killed yesterday, DNA samples would be all over the studs of Honduras players' boots
— Fernando Duarte (@Fernando_Duarte) November 17, 2013
Neymar was given a rough ride against Honduras on Saturday night.
Within the opening 40 seconds of the game the Barcelona star took his first knock of the game as he over-extended a leg in a tackle, but after hobbling around for a few moments Neymar quickly got in his stride.
The terrific teenager wowed he crowd with a Ronaldinho-esque no-loss pass to Bernard in the 14th, but that provoked the Hondurans into taking rough measure with the Brazil number 10.
Wilson Palacios was booked for taking Neymar out in the 17th, Roger Espinoza shoved the Barca man to the floor in the 19th, and the youngster was repeatedly hacked away at as by the likes of Albert Peralta and Victor Bernárdez as the first half drew on.
The most egregious foul on Neymar came at the start of the second half when Bernárdez thrusted his elbow in the starlet’s face.
Yet despite the fact that the Barcelona man was give some very rough treatment from the Honduras, he refused to let it restrict his involvement. Neymar had a decent shot saved close to half time and earned an assist for Dante’s goal.
He was subbed in the 67th minute for Hulk.
After the match Neymar posted a picture of his cut up legs onto Instagram, with the message that playing against Honduras was like fighting in the UFC.
Watch Neymar’s brutal treatment in his individual match highlights from the Honduras game, plus his picture, below.
- Updated: November 17, 2013